Top posting users this week

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 29 on Mon 29 May - 18:54
Latest topics
» LED Daylight running light
Sat 20 Oct - 11:36 by JohnW

» Townmate front badge moulding
Sat 20 Oct - 0:07 by prah

» T80 travels
Fri 19 Oct - 10:38 by steve9e

» 6 Volt to 12 volt conversion
Thu 18 Oct - 11:26 by Duckrider

» Carrier and top box for T80
Sun 14 Oct - 21:36 by JohnW

» SPEEDOMETER lighting
Thu 11 Oct - 16:42 by Duckrider

» T50 Townmate
Mon 8 Oct - 13:25 by JohnW

» Hi to all
Sun 7 Oct - 13:20 by Duckrider

» Carburetor Pilot air Screw Adjustment
Sun 7 Oct - 13:18 by Duckrider


Speedo Assembly

Go down

Speedo Assembly

Post  3hundredspartans on Mon 27 Nov - 5:42

Hi All,

Has anyone got any tips/ideas on removing the plastic facia off the top of the speedo to replace with another?

Thanks, Frank.

3hundredspartans

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 51
Location : Sydney, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Duckrider on Wed 27 Dec - 15:39

It is not easy to remove it, ιτ has a strong glue and I think it will break in the effort to remove it.

I bought one as a replacement, it was very cheap I do not remember exactly the price , maybe under 10 euros.
I thought I would change it, but finally I was afraid to do no harm.



So otherwise I like the old with the Japanese words. Very Happy

avatar
Duckrider

Posts : 136
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 48
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  3hundredspartans on Wed 3 Jan - 23:30

Where did you buy the speedo cover from? I would like to buy one and try and replace mine but if you would you be interested in selling yours, let me know?

Thanks, Frank.

3hundredspartans

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 51
Location : Sydney, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Duckrider on Tue 9 Jan - 18:09

Frank, here the cover costs 6€ and you can find it at this store :

https://www.car.gr/parts/view/2963537/?lang=en

Or you can buy the whole speedo for 12€

https://www.car.gr/parts/view/8979237/

If you have a problem placing your order, or you have a problem communicating with this store, then please let me know.

You will send me your full address in message and I will contact the merchant to do the job for you.
avatar
Duckrider

Posts : 136
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 48
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  3hundredspartans on Tue 9 Jan - 22:41

Thanks for that Duckrider! That's great.

I will see if I can organise a purchase with them, otherwise I will let you know.

Thanks, Frank.

3hundredspartans

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 51
Location : Sydney, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  adespin on Fri 12 Jan - 12:01

Duckrider wrote:Frank, here the cover costs 6€  and you can find it at this store :

https://www.car.gr/parts/view/2963537/?lang=en

Or you can buy the whole speedo for 12€

https://www.car.gr/parts/view/8979237/

If you have a problem placing your order, or you have a problem communicating with this store, then please let me know.

You will send me your full address in message and I will contact the merchant to do the job for you.

Wow, what a good price. Duckrider are other parts available for the t50/t80 from this dealer ?
avatar
adespin

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-05-12
Age : 70
Location : Llanelli, South Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Duckrider on Sat 13 Jan - 11:32

Yes it is a good price, but the parts are not all original Yamaha, unless this is indicated by the packaging.

I am always looking for original parts , i do not prefer parts from China , their quality is the worst.
Βut for spare parts that are not very important or have not to do with our safety, it is preferable to choose them because of the low price.

Τhere is not only this dealer, there are a lot .
You can search in
https://www.car.gr/?lang=en for <<Parts & Accessories >>
at this form: https://www.car.gr/parts/search/711/

I hope I have helped you, whatever you want, do not hesitate to ask me for it.
avatar
Duckrider

Posts : 136
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 48
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Duckrider on Sat 13 Jan - 11:35

At this form: https://www.car.gr/parts/search/711/  

the word ''Μοτοσυκλετών'' is ''motorcycle''  i don't know why the half is in English and the other half is in Greek , Very Happy
avatar
Duckrider

Posts : 136
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 48
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  JohnW on Sun 14 Jan - 9:06

Good advice Duckrider. The speedo does not look a genuine Yamaha one, & there is no high beam warning light, and its in KPH not MPH. The Chinese (and Indian) manufactures are producing look alike parts also for British Smiths speedos, although they look very similar apparently the accuracy is very poor and do not read correct speed. Buyers beware

JohnW

Posts : 1178
Join date : 2011-10-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  3hundredspartans on Sun 14 Jan - 11:32

Duckrider wrote:Yes  it is a good price, but the parts are not all original Yamaha,  unless this is indicated by the packaging.

I am always looking for original parts , i do not prefer parts from China , their quality is the worst.
Βut  for spare parts that are not very important or have not to do with our safety, it is preferable to choose them because of the low price.

Τhere is not only this dealer, there are a lot .
You can search in
https://www.car.gr/?lang=en  for  <<Parts & Accessories >>  
at this form:  https://www.car.gr/parts/search/711/

I hope I have helped you, whatever you want, do not hesitate to ask me for it.

Ela Duckrider, I have tried to contact them through car.gr and also with their direct email address but have had no reply. If you have time, I would appreciate if you could contact them. BTW, what is your name?
Frank.

3hundredspartans

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 51
Location : Sydney, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Duckrider on Mon 15 Jan - 13:59

Frank this is Nick from Athens.

Your nickname is 3hundredspartans = the 300 Spartans of Leonidas :d\\'-\\':

Ok , so you want to order a speedo cover.

If I'm not wrong at your profile your country is  Australia.

I have already contacted the seller and he told me that he is not sending packages abroad.
Τhe cost to send it to me is 5 euros.
So, tomorrow I will go to the local post office and with my own cover by hand  I will ask how much it costs to send a packet of this weight to your country.

Then I'll let you know , if you want me to buy it for you and send it after to you.
avatar
Duckrider

Posts : 136
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 48
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  adespin on Mon 15 Jan - 20:12

Duckrider wrote:

I hope I have helped you, whatever you want, do not hesitate to ask me for it.

Thank you for the offer Duckrider,
avatar
adespin

Posts : 180
Join date : 2013-05-12
Age : 70
Location : Llanelli, South Wales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  3hundredspartans on Mon 15 Jan - 22:25

Duckrider wrote:Frank this is Nick from Athens.

Your nickname is 3hundredspartans = the 300 Spartans of Leonidas :d\\'-\\':

Ok , so you want to order a speedo cover.

If I'm not wrong at your profile your country is  Australia.

I have already contacted the seller and he told me that he is not sending packages abroad.
Τhe cost to send it to me is 5 euros.
So, tomorrow I will go to the local post office and with my own cover by hand  I will ask how much it costs to send a packet of this weight to your country.

Then I'll let you know ,   if you want me to buy it for you and send it after to you.

Ela Nick, you're a champion! Yes I am in Sydney. What I want to do is purchase 2 covers. Do you have a PayPal account as I could pay you that way.

3hundredspartans

Posts : 254
Join date : 2012-04-17
Age : 51
Location : Sydney, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Duckrider on Tue 16 Jan - 14:52

JohnW, The speedo i post is not a genuine Yamaha one. The speedo cover is.

Speedo for T50 does not have a high beam light, at the same position is a red light which blinks when the speed exceeds 50 km / h.
In addition to genuine used speedos and other spare parts, when a replacement is new and genuine it is always stated by the seller.


300spartans, I have a paypal account, please wait for my reply.
avatar
Duckrider

Posts : 136
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 48
Location : Athens

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Speedo Assembly

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum