Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 29 on Tue 30 May - 4:54
Latest topics
» wind screen
Sun 10 Dec - 7:31 by JohnW

» T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.
Thu 7 Dec - 23:58 by JohnW

» Another well rusted T80
Thu 7 Dec - 9:06 by JohnW

» Cant believe this passed MoT with no advisorys
Thu 7 Dec - 9:03 by JohnW

» Is this the roughest Townmate ever
Tue 5 Dec - 21:22 by JohnW

» fitting a sat nav
Tue 5 Dec - 9:13 by 3hundredspartans

» Emulsion Tube Removal
Sun 3 Dec - 8:21 by prah

» Speedo Assembly
Mon 27 Nov - 16:42 by 3hundredspartans

» 1984 T80 High Sparkle Blue
Mon 27 Nov - 16:09 by 3hundredspartans

The shame of it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The shame of it

Post  Guest on Sat 2 Apr - 21:48

Just thought I’d post this to let you know what I’ve been up to and I’ve put it here because it is Chinese and I’m ashamed of it. This my Kinroad xt50-18 which is a clone of ???? (Not sure if you know let me know). I bought it last year, me and a mate who bought the little blue scrambler version and because of using the car licence instead of proper bike licence it looks like a bigger bike. Anyway this weighs in at about 18stone and even though for a 50cc the motor seemed punchy when the novelty wore off I felt like a plum on a bike which looks fast but goes 50mph flat out. So I have stuck a bigger motor because it had a pitbike/Honda style clone in. I went for a lifan 110 with water cooling so I had to weld in some brackets for a rad fitting wasn’t hard and it even had a tiny fan and thermostat (if I ever need to replace it I think I’ll be buggered). I took it out and the acceleration up hills even two up is improved but without gearing it down I’m still going to be stuck at 50mph, I noted the front sprocket is 15 tooth but this does not leave much room so I think maybe I will have to change the back if you have any ideas to what size please make a suggestion I think it is a 428 chain. By the way Gaz I tryed to post this in the shed and it would not let me post, Cheers Dan.

Back to top Go down

Re: The shame of it

Post  Admin drgaz on Mon 4 Apr - 5:14

Hi Dan Good wright up,I don't no what this is a copy of?although it dose not look to bad.
can you not go a tooth smaller at the rear?And is the engine restricted?
I posted in bike shed using Imageshack worked ok only cus I no no other way Smile
May some one else can come up with some help Dan you never no:)
Admin drgaz
Admin

View user profile http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Anne_Twist/      http://bazzarpixie

Back to top Go down

The shame of it

Post  Guest on Mon 4 Apr - 8:41

To be honest the I am still wearing the engine in and have not took it all the way up it's rev range yet... Smile but it does not seem it vibrate like the old engine, which I guess was down to the good ol chinese machining. I think it is probably best to wait until this is finished. Why I'm on it I did look into wearing in the engine, I have went for the old style softly wear it in gently approach but have also read on the that you should rev it hard when new because it beds or seats the rings to the barrel better. Without a few new spare engines laying about though I chickened out. Do you think the other method would actually work? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz on Mon 4 Apr - 9:48

No take yer time and break it gently. Very Happy
Admin drgaz
Admin

View user profile http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Anne_Twist/      http://bazzarpixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top