YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
V80 Specifications EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
V80 Specifications EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
V80 Specifications EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
V80 Specifications EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
V80 Specifications EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
V80 Specifications EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
V80 Specifications EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
V80 Specifications EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
V80 Specifications EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

V80 Specifications

3 posters

Go down

V80 Specifications Empty V80 Specifications

Post  3hundredspartans Sun 25 Aug - 13:13

Hi All,

Would anyone know if the V50/V80s are 6 volt or 12 volt? Looking at retro fitting the switch gears as the V series have the indicator assembly on the left and the headlight assembly on the right which is opposite to the Townmate and in my opinion makes riding easier as controlling the throttle and indicator with the right hand on the Townmate tends to be annoying.

Cheers, Frank.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

V80 Specifications Empty Re: V80 Specifications

Post  JohnW Sun 25 Aug - 20:45

JohnW

Back to top Go down

V80 Specifications Empty 6 0r 12 volt

Post  Andypandy Thu 18 Jul - 10:16

My V80 is 6 volt as original 1982 never messed with 4.000 mile one owner bike Surprised

Andypandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 1 Sep - 20:32

Is it not odd, that Yamaha who would have been amongst the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers to introduce modern and reliable electrical systems (including in the 1960's flashing indicators and electric starts even on small and commuter bikes) and were instrumental in establishing the internationally accepted standard of indicator switch at left hand, should have taken the inexplicable decision to reverse this in the 1980's on its Townmate. I can see no logical reason for it at all, particularly given that without a clutch lever to operate there is even less for the left-hand to do!
I wonder if it was the fault of a designer at Yamaha, perhaps new to motorcycle design and given the task of the 'new T50/80' layout, who thought it looked good on paper, no-one noticed and then it went into production by which time it was too late to change it. Does not sound very 'Japanese' though. Just a thought...

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Mon 2 Sep - 8:34

Never given it much though actually, as the T80 is the only bike I have with indicators. Looking at a Yamaha DT175 switch it has all the functions on the LH side, so by moving the indicators to the right it de clutters the left side leaving it for just the lights & horn. Personally I have no problem with that. Does seem strange that Yamaha reversed the set up on the T80 especially as by then it was common in cars to have the indicators on the left of steering column, and the Townmate being a commuter bike was probably aimed at the car driver rather than the dyed in the wool motorcyclist.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum