YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic)

3 posters

Go down

No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) Empty No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic)

Post  JohnW Thu 31 Oct - 12:21

No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) Dsc05611
This piece has recenty appeared in Real Classic magazine, clearly they do not want articles on Townmates, to confirm this I wrote a piece some months ago for their My Pride & Joy feature on my Townmate only to be told by the editor that there is no interest in Townmates amongst readers. Clearly they want to read more about Triumphs. No wonder magazine sales are dwindling

JohnW

Back to top Go down

No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) Empty Re: No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic)

Post  barker Fri 20 Dec - 22:34

there are many people who only think British bikes are worthy of being a classic I remember when the jap bikes first came out ,,jap crap ..we called them none were as good as our two strokers with our villas engines, but they changed motor cycles for ever they had electric starters indicators racks to tie down your luggage never deposited oil everywhere and they went like the wind
then they got us proper decent biker gear you could wear with out getting thrown out of every pub
I expect we say Chinese crap at the moment but you wail in ten years it will all change, it al depends on you age and what bike you have fond memories of owning

barker

Back to top Go down

No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic) Empty Re: No Townmates wanted in RC (Real Classic)

Post  JohnW Sat 21 Dec - 8:43

I have stopped buying the glossy mags, frankly they repeatably feature the same old bikes, Triumphs, BSA's Matchless AJS etc. and at around £4 a go are not good value for money. Apparantly tiddlers & two strokes dont sell mags!!!!

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz Sat 21 Dec - 11:51

I use to buy many mags and enjoy reading them but now it seems to be all the same and to expensive.
Same with bike shows and auto jumbles same old stuff time and time again,
When I did auto jumbles in the 80s it was good,now your lucky if you break even and make you stall and diesel money back.
Shame met some good folk doing them.
Admin drgaz
Admin drgaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  barker Sat 21 Dec - 21:21

ive found a mag called twistand go not all scooters as the name suggests it covers all the new 125s and some new 300 400 mainly Chinese or jap had a right up on the new thomos this month £9.99 fpr six monthes mags delivered so not to much afew right ups in there as well

barker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz Sat 21 Dec - 23:35

Thanks for that barker I will keep a watch out for that some thing to read over crimbo :d\\'-\\':
Admin drgaz
Admin drgaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down