» soutern softies
Mon 21 Aug - 8:58 by Mark1982.

» Another Japanese home market (grey import) T80
Thu 17 Aug - 7:21 by JohnW

well off to germany

View previous topic View next topic Go down

well off to germany

Post  taz80 on Sat 18 Jan - 7:46

Hi all just thought has any one gone along way on there townmate ?
Me and 2 friends are going to the elephantan rally in Germany at the end of month its about 2000 miles there and back in freezing conditions I did it in 2012 on my xtz750 but this time i decided on a challenge
I you wish i will post pics and ride report on here when we get back as i have confidence in my old t80  :d\\'-\\': 

taz80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: well off to germany

Post  JohnW on Sat 18 Jan - 20:46

Someone rode Lands End to John O'Groates last year, & others have been accross Sahara, so you should have no trouble

JohnW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

on train

Post  barker on Mon 20 Jan - 8:55

it would be nice if you could put your bike on the train say brighton and get off in wales ride around all week on holiday then back on the train and home I don't know about you lot but motorways on a t80 or acub aint my idea of fun

barker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  taz80 on Mon 20 Jan - 9:26

we are riding down thou France on the back roads as autobarns and 45 mph don't make for fun lol
we aim to do about 2-300 miles a day its going to be interesting my last trip to this rally is on you tube
if the bike gets there and back i plan to ride it to Norway next Feb for another rally and in 2017 starting in June set off on the big adventure around the world on her lol

taz80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz on Mon 20 Jan - 20:12

Hi sounds like a good adventure ! Keep us posted on how you get on,2-300 mile a day dunno about that though?150 may be ?
Admin drgaz
Admin

View user profile http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Anne_Twist/      http://bazzarpixie

Back to top Go down

Post  taz80 on Mon 10 Feb - 8:45

well the little t80 made it there and back no problems 2-250mls per day thou the back roads of France and Germany and even thou the hills slowed it down i still had fun on it going down the ther side into the twists and turns
it managed 55mph on the flat fully loaded and 40-45 all the rest of the time doing about 120mls to the tank each day was about 6hrs non stop riding till we got to the rally 5mls from the border with cheque republic it rode had and strong and both my mates on there Honda failed to get there and back in fact the Honda cg125 is still in kall Germany lol and the Honda c90 never even made the Euro tunnel it died on the M25
the ride was comfortable and the only fault we had was exhaust bolts kept coming lose but no real problem
so what next well she is having a good service and rest 2000mls in 10 days is hard work but is book to tour France in march only 700mls camping then next year going to take it to Wales for the soft rally in the winter the dragon rally lol just to show it off  
i will put up some pics when all sorted

taz80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW on Mon 10 Feb - 9:28

Well done, you could have a go at the East West Run http://www.e2wslowly.org/ but that will be a doddle after the German trip

JohnW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz on Tue 11 Feb - 2:46

That's great news well done shame the others failed  Sad  I did a similar ride on a CZ125 many years ago Smile Nasty thing it was  :d\\'-\\': 
Admin drgaz
Admin

View user profile http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Anne_Twist/      http://bazzarpixie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top