YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Vote_lcap12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Voting_bar12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Vote_rcap 
JohnW
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Vote_lcap12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Voting_bar12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Conversion to led lighting

Go down

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Empty Conversion to led lighting

Post  Duckrider Tue 10 Jun - 9:03

My Townmate is a 3 speed / 6Volts one.

I always had problems with the lighting specially the winkers in the flush volume, but also in their operation because they had no fixed operating time, although the old flasher is electronic type and not an old style with metal contacts.
This is mine flasher unit

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Dsc01837

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Dsc01839

So I started working or with various accessories.  
So initially I bought 4 flashlights with LEDs  made in China and 4 lamps .... cost about 10 euros.

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02127

Each flashlight consists of the following pieces.

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02128

Breaking down the lamp .... and in her suite in the pin (+) using a  Soldering iron and warming we open a hole ...

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02134

Then prepare a duct round surface which will then be placed on the Led Board we remove from the lens. The plastic surface is manufactured by cutting a piece from a scarce material called ... plastic box Smile 

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02136

This round plastic piece is placed just above the led on the Board without any glue and prevents the metallic surface of the lamp to come into electrical contact with the PCB of led

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02138

Eventually stick with Soldering iron two wires. One for the (+) in the center and a one at perimeter for grounding.
The center cable will pass through the hole of the shell aperture of the lamp that we already have pierce and the other will soldering iron in metallic housing of the lamp.

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Dsc02141

Construction takes this form ...

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting 100_5090

Here you can see the led light powered at 6 Volts. Τhe construction as compared to the normal bulb brightness. In this photo I use the leds and pcb from the flashlight.

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02142

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting DSC02145

To build I don't used the led that existed on the flashlight board.
I removed these and placed the classic high brightness 5 mm led. I also did not use the flashlight pcb , I posted the new leds directly to the mirror's holes and just joined the connectors at the same time.(all the (+) together and all the (-) together)
These leds work on 3 volts and need maximum current of 20 mA.
Because the number of led's was 9 couldn't   link by two in order to upload the working voltage to 6 volts.
So the I linked all together and manufactured a voltage regulator with the well-known lm317 integrated that lowers the voltage from 6 to 2.8 volts.
Due to the use of voltage stabilizer brightness itself remained unchanged, although the charging voltage of the battery varies from 6.3 to 7.5 volts.

I use these hand made lamps for back winkers

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting 100_5111

12volt conversion - Conversion to led lighting Dsc02918

To be continued ....
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down