YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box Vote_lcapGrease for the Shaft Bevel Box Voting_barGrease for the Shaft Bevel Box Vote_rcap 
JohnW
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box Vote_lcapGrease for the Shaft Bevel Box Voting_barGrease for the Shaft Bevel Box Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
Mark1
JohnW

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyYesterday at 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyYesterday at 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box

3 posters

Go down

Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box Empty Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box

Post  Dave Weller Mon 1 Sep - 14:37

I've opened up the shaft hub, the bits inside look good, previous owner had used what looks like the same CV Lith-Moly grease that I've been using on a Pan-European ST1100 rear wheel splines for years, (Honda sell a Moly Paste grease which was very expensive.)
I've just brought CV Lith-Moly grease, for hubs and UJ's, Constant velocity and Homokinetic (whats that) joints.
Any problems with using this, I think it is suitable, it looks the same as what was in there.
Only had the bike a week and hopefully it's a keeper. It fits into my Berlingo Multispace van with ease.

Dave Weller

Back to top Go down

Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box Empty Re: Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box

Post  JohnW Mon 1 Sep - 18:12

Dave Weller wrote:I've opened up the shaft hub, the bits inside look good, previous owner had used what looks like the same CV Lith-Moly grease that I've been using on a Pan-European ST1100 rear wheel splines for years, (Honda sell a Moly Paste grease which was very expensive.)
I've just brought CV Lith-Moly grease, for hubs and UJ's, Constant velocity and Homokinetic (whats that) joints.
Any problems with using this, I think it is suitable, it looks the same as what was in there.
Only had the bike a week and hopefully it's a keeper. It fits into my Berlingo Multispace van with ease.

Correct Grease is Castrol Spheerol see this previous thread https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t387-speerol-grease?highlight=Castrol+Speerol

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Weller Mon 1 Sep - 19:04

John,
Thanks for the quick reply and the Ebay link, I've ordered some up, I was impressed with the build design of the shaft, my bike looks like it's not had much attention in the past.
I'll do a few service jobs and start using it. I'm a member of the C90 group and did have an Innova, the T80 will be used on some of their outings unless I suffer from a load of piss taking.
Do you ever join them on rideouts, all stepthrough'ers should stick together, I've had about 7 c50-c90's in the past,

Again thanks for all you do, and sorry to bring up a common question about the oil, but I was just wondering if the grease quoted has been superseded, Castrol keep some stocks for people that prefer using the original stuff on their classic.
Regards
Dave
Also got a Deauville and a Burgman 400 used as back ups.

Dave Weller

Back to top Go down

Grease for the Shaft Bevel Box Empty Spheerol

Post  JohnW Tue 2 Sep - 12:15

To my knowledge Castrol have not superseded Spheerol with another product, I suppose if its does the job why change it.
As for ride outs, not my scene, just use my T80 for what it was built for, local transport, commuting.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  mark1982 Tue 9 Sep - 0:24

i go to alot of c90 meets on my t80 if you've seen t80 in the pics an vids thats me there is normally a bit banter of the members turning up on t80 but i dont mind its all bit fun

mark1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Weller Thu 11 Sep - 17:55

Mark, it was because your T80 was faster than the C90's that I went out and brought one. Laughing

Dave Weller

Back to top Go down

Post  mark1982 Fri 12 Sep - 2:05

Dave Weller wrote:Mark, it was because your T80 was faster than the C90's that I went out and brought one. Laughing
erm cough cough couldnt of been me i ride my t80 slowly Wink lol didnt realise have met you befor

mark1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down