YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Complete Wheels EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Complete Wheels EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Complete Wheels EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Complete Wheels EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Complete Wheels EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Complete Wheels EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Complete Wheels EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
Complete Wheels EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
Complete Wheels EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

Complete Wheels

2 posters

Go down

Complete Wheels Empty Complete Wheels

Post  3hundredspartans Mon 26 Jan - 10:30

Hi All, anyone bought a complete wheel/s from these guys?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151545540101?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am thinking of getting both the front and rear since they are ready to go. The rims alone here in Sydney are $100 (£55.00) each from a Honda dealer and a genuine Yamaha rear hub for around £40. I can get a 25% discount on shipping with ParcelForce so might use it.

Your thoughts.

Regards, Frank.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Complete Wheels Empty Re: Complete Wheels

Post  JohnW Mon 26 Jan - 12:43

3hundredspartans wrote:Hi All, anyone bought a complete wheel/s from these guys?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151545540101?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am thinking of getting both the front and rear since they are ready to go. The rims alone here in Sydney are $100 (£55.00) each from a Honda dealer and a genuine Yamaha rear hub for around £40. I can get a 25% discount on shipping with ParcelForce so might use it.

Your thoughts.

Regards, Frank.

Price seems reasonable. There may be cheaper ones available but of course shipping charges will not be cheap. So if you feel you must have a new wheel then go for it. Only thing is seller says its for a FS1E are you sure it will fit a Townmate?
Personally I would not bother, my rims (particularly the rear) have a bit of surface rust but I just keep them oiled. They are perfectly serviceable & I am only concerned in keeping the bike tidy & road worthy not as a show bike. If it lasts another 5 years then thats ok by me. I dont see any point in spending money on new parts that are not essential. After all a Townmate is never going to be worth megga money like a Vincent of Brough Superior as a collectors item.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Wed 28 Jan - 12:32

I can understand all you say John, wise advice. The seller quoted me the cheapest shipping they could get is £68.00 ($130.00 AUD). The price you pay for living at the ass end of the earth I suppose.

I'll have to think about that.

Cheers.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Wed 28 Jan - 20:38

3hundredspartans wrote:I can understand all you say John, wise advice. The seller quoted me the cheapest shipping they could get is £68.00 ($130.00 AUD). The price you pay for living at the ass end of the earth I suppose.

I'll have to think about that.

Cheers.

That's a total of £128, would be cheaper & better to get your original wheel rebuilt in OZ, with a new rim, at least you will be sure of the quality of the rim. The pic in the eBay is poor & does not give a good indication of quality. From the wording it appears to be a pattern part, rather than a genuine Yamaha part, bit late to find out its crap, or will not fit after you have bought it & had it shipped. Embarassed

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Wed 28 Jan - 22:09

Yep, I agree. We can get the DID Honda CT110 rims here in OZ for around £50.00 each. Looks like that is the better way and yes, those on ebay are a pattern part.

Thanks again John.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down