YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
What's the opinion on this V80 EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

What's the opinion on this V80

3 posters

Go down

What's the opinion on this V80 Empty What's the opinion on this V80

Post  laurpat Sat 11 Apr - 21:46

Lad,

I'm looking for advice as usual. What's the view on this v80 - http://www.donedeal.ie/view/9132850
Yamaha 80 moped

I'm hoping to get it for around €500. Is it worth the money? O.n the lookout for a v80 or v90. Am I buying trouble...

laurpat

Back to top Go down

What's the opinion on this V80 Empty Re: What's the opinion on this V80

Post  JohnW Sun 12 Apr - 9:21

laurpat wrote:Lad,

I'm looking for advice as usual. What's the view on this v80 - http://www.donedeal.ie/view/9132850
Yamaha 80 moped

I'm hoping to get it for around €500. Is it worth the money?  O.n the lookout for a v80 or v90. Am I buying trouble...
Personally I think £500 is much too high for one in this condition, although paint on frame looks ok,(says its just been re sprayed) there is evidence of rust on exhaust & rear shocks & seat is knackered. Leg shields look cracked at top L/H side. Was the rust dealt with properly on frame before painting? could be lots of filler!! The pics are not that good & do not show close ups of vital areas, also no mention of paperwork ie V5c, number plate has been obscured!! Another thing to consider is parts availablilty, I dont think new parts are available other than those that may be same on T80 (ie front fork bushes & maybe a few consumable items), also secondhand parts do not come up as often as with the T80.
In this condition I would think £250 tops, dont forget it will probably cost this much again (maybe more) to get it from Scotland to Northern Ireland.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz Sun 12 Apr - 10:07

£150  tops I say,
Admin drgaz
Admin drgaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Sun 12 Apr - 12:54

Admin drgaz wrote:£150  tops I say,
On second thoughts I think you are right at £150. The big question is why did the seller not finish the bike off & get an MoT on it. Looks to me that he knows something about the bike that he does not mention in the advert. In fact he says very little about the bike or its condition.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  laurpat Wed 22 Apr - 15:09

Thanks everyone for the input. The bike is based in Ireland so an MOT is not required. I'm also located in Ireland and the bike is about 3Hrs drive from me.

The throttle cable is snapped but I'm sure that can be sourced. I'm told the bike is running and starts very easily. I have agreed €200 euro if I am to go ahead with the purchase. This includes registration.

I've a charity run which is for about 600 Miles (300 Round trip) with all honda 50's/70's/90's attending. I had hoped to have the V80 would be in a good enough condition to make the journey. The seat is going to need to be redone. The paint work is awful, so that will need a tidy (not straight away) other than that it seems all together. Can legsheilds be sourced? May need to plastic weld what's there

What is the pitfalls with the V80 - As it's two stroke is it likely to go pop? Help guys - what do I do?

laurpat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down