YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
ebay thieves EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
ebay thieves EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
ebay thieves EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
ebay thieves EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
ebay thieves EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
ebay thieves EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
ebay thieves EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
ebay thieves EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
ebay thieves EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

ebay thieves

3 posters

Go down

ebay thieves Empty ebay thieves

Post  barker Thu 21 May - 18:04

I have now had two people email me to say they will send a courier to pick up my bike which weree on ebay at he time both times they asked for my pay pal account, so they could pay me
both of he so called buyers they were busy and could not get to see the bike, how does this fiddle work Evil or Very Mad

barker

Back to top Go down

ebay thieves Empty Re: ebay thieves

Post  JohnW Thu 21 May - 19:15

barker wrote:I have now had two people email me to say they will send a courier to pick up my bike which weree on ebay at he time both times they asked for my pay pal account, so they could pay me
both of he so called buyers they were busy and could not get to see the bike, how does this fiddle work Evil or Very Mad
Presumably if you give them details of you PayPal account they will WITHDRAW money rather than paying it in. You need to report this immediately to eBay.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Aug - 21:34

It was probably an attempt to 'clone' you rather than take money directly from your account. Paypal in such cases uses the ridiculous term 'spoof' which in English usually means a joke of some sort but in U.S English perhaps means something else ( or perhaps not! ).
Ebay and Paypal's advice on such matters can be quite contradictory. Firstly, insisting that on your listing you state you accept paypal on all sales BUT then, if you read their myriad of terms & conditions, advise that you should ONLY accept cash in your hand on 'collection-only' items. The reason they state the former is obviously for the commission they gain on every sale, the reason for the latter is that you effectively cancel out any fraud protection they offer sellers if you make the mistake of accepting paypal for a collection only item ( and also incidentally, if you personally deliver any item ) which then turns out to be fraud. Or, as in a case reported recently on a BBC Radio consumer programme the person collecting the item claims that they 'have not collected the item' and paypal then issue a full refund to them from your account, no questions asked. So you lose the goods and the payment for them. Vehicles are an easy target.

I questioned their 'helpful' customer service team in India, why they were insisting on paypal for collection-only sales. Their feeble response was 'it is the law in the country where you live Sir, that you accept paypal' . Absolute nonsense of course. I made it quite clear to him that he was lying through his teeth and insisted I speak to his supervisor. He replied with the same such nonsense, suggesting that I 'take a photo of the person collecting the goods holding their passport in their hands'. Surreal!

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Thu 29 Aug - 12:02

So called nigerian scam.

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down