YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA Vote_lcapDecals - Townmate decals available from USA Voting_barDecals - Townmate decals available from USA Vote_rcap 
JohnW
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA Vote_lcapDecals - Townmate decals available from USA Voting_barDecals - Townmate decals available from USA Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
Mark1
JohnW

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyYesterday at 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyYesterday at 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Decals - Townmate decals available from USA EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Townmate decals available from USA

3 posters

Go down

Decals - Townmate decals available from USA Empty Townmate decals available from USA

Post  JohnW Fri 24 Jul - 21:47

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Decals - Townmate decals available from USA Empty Re: Townmate decals available from USA

Post  3hundredspartans Sat 25 Jul - 14:28

Hi John,

These are the ones I notified you guys about in my other post regarding the decals.

https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t725-decal-kit-reproduction

I reproduced the artwork, sent them the PDFs and got these guys to sample print a few before they were ok. I could not find anyone in Australia who was willing to do them, useless!!!

I have bought a set from them and they are spot on if not better than the originals. I flagged an issue with one of the decals and they said to me they would rectify it. Will be buying some more from them, great service.

Bare in mind, there are two versions of the rear guard decals. One that has my VIN number on it and one that is blank for the owner to fill out but I believe these are issued by your motor transport authority in the UK. :d\\'-\\':

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Decals - Townmate decals available from USA Empty Re: Townmate decals available from USA

Post  JohnW Sat 25 Jul - 18:31

3hundredspartans wrote:Hi John,

These are the ones I notified you guys about in my other post regarding the decals.

https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t725-decal-kit-reproduction

I reproduced the artwork, sent them the PDFs and got these guys to sample print a few before they were ok. I could not find anyone in Australia who was willing to do them, useless!!!

I have bought a set from them and they are spot on if not better than the originals. I flagged an issue with one of the decals and they said to me they would rectify it. Will be buying some more from them, great service.

Bare in mind, there are two versions of the rear guard decals. One that has my VIN number on it and one that is blank for the owner to fill out but I believe these are issued by your motor transport authority in the UK. :d\\'-\\':

I dont want any myself & certainly not at that price. A new member Jonnyn54 was asking
https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t757-hello-from-sunderland so I bumped your original post.
Seems like the US supplier is taking the p**s with a $20 carriage charge. I am sure a supplier in the UK could be found who could produce for less.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin drgaz Sat 25 Jul - 21:21

Admin drgaz
Admin drgaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Sun 26 Jul - 0:18

I did ask these guys and a couple of others in the UK and all said they were not interested and wouldn't do them.

Even here in Sydney, one digital printer quoted me £150.00 for 3 sets of the decals just like the ones on the Discontinued Decals website. I told him to stick it!! No

So when I found that Discontinued Decals could do them, I had no issue with that price. Plus on the first purchase, I got a discount on postage.

I don't know about the UK, but here in Australia, getting something like this done, firstly is difficult to find someone who is willing to reproduce decals of a small run and secondly to reproduce them at a reasonable price and of good quality.

So for $35US + postage, I think they are reasonably priced, like I said the quality is outstanding but yes, the postage is expensive but the majority of postage out of the US is expensive, no matter what you buy.

But, I am interested to see if anyone can find someone in the UK who can do them cheaper and of the same quality. Surprised

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Decals - Townmate decals available from USA Empty Decals

Post  JohnW Sun 26 Jul - 9:16

Cant understand why the price for these is so high, ok the original artwork & set up has to be paid for but once done I would assume its a simple quick computer printed job. I suppose the high cost is due to the small volume they can sell. If they were to make a batch of a 1000 or even a few 100 the price would reduce dramatically as the cost of materials is minimal. Its only owners who want to restore or show in original condition who would buy these, for most owners (like myself) they are not bothered & just want to keep the bike running, the $50 (£35) cost could be used more effectively on more essential parts for the bike.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Mon 27 Jul - 2:26

The bulk of the cost is in the inks and the stock used. The inks are UV sensitive and the clear film contours curved surfaces without any creases.

You can have them printed any way you choose but once you start using UV sensitive inks, the price goes up substantially.

And of course, if you request 1,000 sets, I'm sure they could probably do them for half the price but when it is a one of print run here and there, that's the price they charge I suppose.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down