YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Flasher Problem Vote_lcapFlasher Problem Voting_barFlasher Problem Vote_rcap 
JohnW

Top posting users this week
Mark1
JohnW

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Flasher Problem EmptyYesterday at 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Flasher Problem EmptyYesterday at 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Flasher Problem EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Flasher Problem EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Flasher Problem EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Flasher Problem EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Flasher Problem EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Flasher Problem EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Flasher Problem EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Flasher Problem

2 posters

Go down

Flasher Problem Empty Flasher Problem

Post  adespin Sat 22 Aug - 21:24

Help, front left flasher bracket broke off today, the bracket that's part of the handle bar (the whole indicator light unit bolts to it), so i unplugged the cdi unit and the rectifier just in case, and then welded the bracket back on. Job done No  or so i thought. Now the indicators are flashing weakly like there is a bad earth, the neutral light is also flashing weakly at the same time, so it seems like an earth problem, but why now ? they were working fine before the repair.

help
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Flasher Problem Empty Re: Flasher Problem

Post  JohnW Sun 23 Aug - 7:14

adespin wrote:Help, front left flasher bracket broke off today, the bracket that's part of the handle bar (the whole indicator light unit bolts to it), so i unplugged the cdi unit and the rectifier just in case, and then welded the bracket back on. Job done No  or so i thought. Now the indicators are flashing weakly like there is a bad earth, the neutral light is also flashing weakly at the same time, so it seems like an earth problem, but why now ? they were working fine before the repair.

As you say looks like a bad earth, the indicators are very prone to this problem. The other thing it could be is the flasher unit, maybe the welder has damaged this. They are readily available from eBay and other suppliers ie Wemoto
http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/t_80_townmate/83-97/picture/flasher_relay/

help

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Sun 23 Aug - 12:49

JohnW wrote:
adespin wrote:Help, front left flasher bracket broke off today, the bracket that's part of the handle bar (the whole indicator light unit bolts to it), so i unplugged the cdi unit and the rectifier just in case, and then welded the bracket back on. Job done No  or so i thought. Now the indicators are flashing weakly like there is a bad earth, the neutral light is also flashing weakly at the same time, so it seems like an earth problem, but why now ? they were working fine before the repair.

As you say looks like a bad earth, the indicators are very prone to this problem. The other thing it could be is the flasher unit, maybe the welder has damaged this. They are readily available from eBay and other suppliers ie Wemoto

Thanks for the suggestion John, it didn't cross my mind that it could be the flasher unit, do you know if the original is mechanical or electronic ?. I will check that out today, either that or start building an Ark as it hasn't stopped raining here (West Wales) for a week and is forecast to continue till next weekend. Crying or Very sad

help
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Sun 23 Aug - 20:36

JohnW wrote:

Electo mechanical (bi-metalic switch)

help

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down