YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ???

4 posters

Go down

PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? Empty PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ???

Post  JasonBG Wed 28 Oct - 23:31

Hi my townmate was sitting for 5 months in my garden and the other day I tried to start it up but it was not starting up. I tried few different spark plugs and I tested each of them and they were all working, I mean they were producing spark. There is plenty of petrol in the tank so. Could it be a problem if the battery is DEAD ?? The spark which was coming from the plugs was just not strong enough I think if this is possible. Please someone help me with this one ??
JasonBG
JasonBG

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? Empty Re: PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ???

Post  JohnW Thu 29 Oct - 10:40

JasonBG wrote:Hi my townmate was sitting for 5 months in my garden and the other day I tried to start it up but it was not starting up. I tried few different spark plugs and I tested each of them and they were all working, I mean they were producing spark. There is plenty of petrol in the tank so. Could it be a problem if the battery is DEAD ??  The spark which was coming from the plugs was just not strong enough I think if this is possible. Please someone help me with this one ??

The battery has nothing to do with ignition which comes direct from the flywheel mag. You say you have a spark so it must be fuel.
Is the plug getting wet? If so then its probably stale petrol if as you say its been standing 5 months. You could try a squirt of 'Easy start' down the plug hole or carb. If it then fires up then the petrol will be the problem & needs changing.
If the plug is not getting wet then it looks like the carb may have blocked jets, so needs stripping & cleaning.
Finally I assume it has compression, if not the exhaust valve may be stuck open due to standing.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ??? Empty Re: PLEASE HELP, MY T80 DOESNT START UP ???

Post  JasonBG Thu 29 Oct - 13:07

JohnW wrote:
The battery has nothing to do with ignition which comes direct from the flywheel mag. You say you have a spark so it must be fuel.
Is the plug getting wet? If so then its probably stale petrol if as you say its been standing 5 months. You could try a squirt of 'Easy start' down the plug hole or carb. If it then fires up then the petrol will be the problem & needs changing.
If the plug is not getting wet then it looks like the carb may have blocked jets, so needs stripping & cleaning.
Finally I assume it has compression, if not the exhaust valve may be stuck open due to standing.

Thanks JohnW for the info I will definitely try to change the fuel as its being sitting in the bike for really long time. Also since I bought the bike the card was problematic, it was leaking for no reason and it was stalling the bike when it was running. How ever they are really hard to find I mean good carbs. Do you think I can fit a carburetor from another bike on it, as T80s are rear I was thinking maybe to get a carb from c90 or something similar. But I don't know if its going to fit my T80. What do you think ?? THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO !!
JasonBG
JasonBG

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Thu 29 Oct - 16:39

JasonBG wrote:
JohnW wrote:

Thanks JohnW for the info I will definitely try to change the fuel as its being sitting in the bike for really long time. Also since I bought the bike the card was problematic, it was leaking for no reason and it was stalling the bike when it was running. How ever they are really hard to find I mean good carbs. Do you think I can fit a carburetor from another bike on it, as T80s are rear I was thinking maybe to get a carb from c90 or something similar. But I don't know if its going to fit my T80. What do you think ?? THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO !!

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Thu 29 Oct - 16:41

Yes I suppose a C90 carb would work, you would probably have to make up an adaptor to fit it to manifold & connect to air box. I have no experience of doing that myself, but others may ave. Sorry I cant help any further.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  barker Thu 29 Oct - 22:15

mine is a sod to start after a winter lay up, clean plug put clean petrol and keep kicking it over it will fire up in the end try choke

barker

Back to top Go down

Post  Onthebrakes Fri 6 Nov - 10:11

If the spark is weak it can be a defective ignition module
Sometimes removing the plug cap holding the lead 1/4" from the head and cranking the engine should produce a big blue spark and can ( from experience) get the module working as it should

Onthebrakes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down