None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 29 on Tue 30 May - 4:54
Latest topics
» Where Can I Get A Decal
Today at 0:24 by 3hundredspartans

» wind screen
Sun 10 Dec - 7:31 by JohnW

» T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.
Thu 7 Dec - 23:58 by JohnW

» Another well rusted T80
Thu 7 Dec - 9:06 by JohnW

» Cant believe this passed MoT with no advisorys
Thu 7 Dec - 9:03 by JohnW

» Is this the roughest Townmate ever
Tue 5 Dec - 21:22 by JohnW

» fitting a sat nav
Tue 5 Dec - 9:13 by 3hundredspartans

» Emulsion Tube Removal
Sun 3 Dec - 8:21 by prah

» Speedo Assembly
Mon 27 Nov - 16:42 by 3hundredspartans

Emulsion Tube Removal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emulsion Tube Removal

Post  Chouse on Wed 19 Apr - 5:29

My bike seems to bog down when you open the throttle quickly. I've stripped the carb and put it in my ultrasonic bath but I didn't remove the emulsion tube as I wasn't sure how. Is it just a case of removing the main jet then pushing it down and out from the bottom? Or does it push up out of the top of the carb? Carb is the original 18mm Mikuni.

Also, what's the best setting for the mixture screw? I'm currently 2 full turns out.

Bike behaves fine when revs are slowly increased.

Thanks in advance.

Chouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Emulsion Tube Removal

Post  JohnW on Wed 19 Apr - 7:02

Probably accelerator pump piston stuck, best to get a Haynes manual it covers the carb & gives settings etc. Mixture screw should be adjusted till it gives even tick over.

JohnW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chouse on Wed 19 Apr - 7:45

The pump works fine, might hold the linkage and try it without tomorrow just in case it's getting too much fuel. I have a Haynes manual coming just thought it would be worth an ask as I'm sure one of you has had the emulsion tube out before.

Chouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW on Wed 19 Apr - 18:14

Not sure what you mean by 'emulsion tube', there is no such named part in the carb diagram in Haynes. If you are referring to the brass tube in the float bowl this is an overflow tube for excess fuel. It has no bearing on the carburation.

JohnW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chouse on Wed 19 Apr - 23:41

The emulsion tube is above the main jet, it's what regulates air to fuel mix leaving the float bowl. The tapered needle on the plastic piston slides up and down it. If you remove the float bowl and turn the main carb body upsidedown you can see 2 jets, main (larger diameter) and pilot. If you remove the main jet there's a brass tube in that hole. That's what I'd like to remove.

I've never heard it called anything else but you live and learn.

Chouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW on Thu 20 Apr - 19:52

Here is a link to carb exploded drawing, https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/genuineparts/9063/7/yamaha-t80-townmate-1986/carburetor?uID=0 but it does not say how to dismantle it, you will need the Haynes manual for that, frankly I have never needed to take mine apart other than clean the float bowl. The 'emulsion tube' listed as Nozzel Main is unlikely to be blocked & and a blow through with an air line in situ should be sufficient.

JohnW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Emulsion tube removal.

Post  prah on Sun 3 Dec - 8:21

Hi, I also have carb problems. Mine is a mystery spring which resides somewhere in the vicinity of the throttle valve assembly. I have posted a request for information on this forum. Regarding the Haynes diagram and others, they are somewhat short of detail and do not show all of the internal components. The emulsion tube being one and my spring another. I have been told rightly or wrongly that the parts omitted from the drawings were never available as spare parts, therefore if there were any problems the whole carb assembly had to be changed. Perhaps there is a member of the forum, who knows if this is correct?

prah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top