YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
Big Hello from Germany ! EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

Big Hello from Germany !

2 posters

Go down

Big Hello from Germany ! Empty Big Hello from Germany !

Post  GermanMate V50 Thu 6 Jul - 15:35

Hi ! New to the Forum. Very Happy And already would need some help. Smile Being a vintage Vespa owner for many years, now fell in love with the Yamaha V50 / Mate / Townmate after my recent visit to greece. By luck could get me a Yamaha Mate V50 in Berlin at a reasonable price. But no docs / reg papers with the bike. Seller told me that a british chap had brought it to Germany.
Now I want to Register the Mate but need to get specs checked and to apply for the docs / papers. Will only happen if I can present to the german DVLA some type of paper from another country where this type of bike was registered.

So could anyone sent me a copy of their UK Registration for an Yamaha V50 / Mate 50 ? It is for them to take the official specs to prepare the German Kind of V5.

Would really appreciate if you could help me getting my new Baby on the streets.

Best ones from here !

Swen
GermanMate V50
GermanMate V50

Back to top Go down

Big Hello from Germany ! Empty Re: Big Hello from Germany !

Post  JohnW Fri 7 Jul - 9:04

You say the bike originally came from UK. Do you have a UK registration number plate on the bike? if so what is it? I can look it up to see if its still on the UK DVLA computor. If so you as the current owner can apply for a new V5c registration document which will enable you to apply for a German registration.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanMate V50 Fri 7 Jul - 11:10

Hi, many tks for your offered help. I am afraid, no license plate, no docs. And just the seller saying he bought it from someone wo stated its coming from the UK. In Germany I can have the bike and the specs checked by technical inspection agency and obtain a technical certificate based on which I can register the bike. But for this I just need a copy of an official (V5c) doc / Registration (any kind) for the Yamaha 50 Mate from any EU Country (You are still in cheers) which is to be used as an example document.  I just have the Frame no. V50418232 but had found nothing where to possbily check it up.

So if anyone could send me a copy of his papers of a Yamaha Mate 50ccm that would be great.

Best ones..

Btw.. would need a legshield too, as the one on is really worn out.
GermanMate V50
GermanMate V50

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Fri 7 Jul - 13:21

GermanMate V50 wrote:Hi, many tks for your offered help. I am afraid, no license plate, no docs. And just the seller saying he bought it from someone wo stated its coming from the UK. In Germany I can have the bike and the specs checked by technical inspection agency and obtain a technical certificate based on which I can register the bike. But for this I just need a copy of an official (V5c) doc / Registration (any kind) for the Yamaha 50 Mate from any EU Country (You are still in cheers) which is to be used as an example document.  I just have the Frame no. V50418232 but had found nothing where to possbily check it up.

So if anyone could send me a copy of his papers of a Yamaha Mate 50ccm that would be great.

Best ones..

Btw.. would need a legshield too, as the one on is really worn out.

I would not recommend anyone sending a copy of their V5c, this would constitute cloning which is illegal. I cannot see how a V5c from another bike can be acceptable to the German authorities. I would suggest the legal way forward is to get a letter from Yamaha confirming the technical specification for your machine.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down