YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Hello Everyone!
T80 variation ? EmptySun 27 Feb - 15:59 by ProfTom

» T80 variation ?
T80 variation ? EmptyWed 8 Dec - 20:09 by steve9e

» Indicators stopped working
T80 variation ? EmptyThu 2 Dec - 19:54 by JohnW

» Motor Cycle Weekly Review
T80 variation ? EmptyWed 1 Dec - 14:34 by jeeves1275

» Oil Drain Plug Damage
T80 variation ? EmptyWed 1 Dec - 9:53 by jeeves1275

» Hi, new member...
T80 variation ? EmptyTue 30 Nov - 10:50 by jeeves1275

» Maisey my T80
T80 variation ? EmptySun 3 Oct - 18:01 by mark.l

» Nearly New member
T80 variation ? EmptySun 26 Sep - 3:40 by Whatsisname

» 1997 T80 - Time to Sell
T80 variation ? EmptyTue 7 Sep - 14:42 by JohnW

T80 variation ?

2 posters

Go down

T80 variation ? Empty T80 variation ?

Post  steve9e Mon 6 Dec - 21:16

hi guys, :d\\'-\\':
It is a while since I appeared on the Forum but a pal of mine had a T80 some years ago and he is aware of my 1985 T80 , having ridden it etc He says that his had an electric start ( jap import ?) and the gear change operation was 1 up/3 down like motorcycle practice and the headlamp was more circular than mine ?
It was definately a 4 stroke, faded blue in colour and did have an electric start, shaft drive and looked like a T80?
Any ideas people?
Some sort of japanese import I reckon but unfortunately I have no pic since I saw it briefly about 15 years ago well before my T80 stage so did not take much notice. Could it be a V75 with a ATV engine etc.
Shocked Shocked Shocked

santa

Steve

steve9e

Back to top Go down

T80 variation ? Empty Re: T80 variation ?

Post  JohnW Tue 7 Dec - 17:25

A Japanese home market T80, some were imported into UK a couple of years back by Severn Seas Motorcycles, see this thread https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t1013-another-japanese-home-market-grey-import-t80?highlight=Japanese+diomestic+market. Unfortunately the pics are no longer showing on the eBay link. The electric start model was never originally sold in UK.

Here is a small pic of one
T80 variation ? Downlo10

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  steve9e Tue 7 Dec - 20:35

hi John.W  Very Happy

I thought you would have some idea :d\\'-\\':  

I am familiar with the green JHM versions , i.e electric start etc. which are grey imports
I wish in hind sight I had taken a pic  but as I said it would be about 2003 ish when it was about. I am curious and will interegate the owner
more. Regarding the gear change rotation I think this has cropped up in conversations before but I did not think it was a Yamaha ?
I will see what happens after I have had the thumb screws on him  bounce

cheers

Steve

steve9e

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Tue 7 Dec - 22:30

Yes not sure why the JDM version had the 3 speed gearbox (as per the T50) unless it had something to do with the starter motor drive. I have heard that some were 4 speed so maybe some of them were actually T50's with electric start, they can be identified as not having pillion footrests. I dont know how many Seven Seas Motorcycles have actually sold in the UK. Looking at their web site they still have one for sale at £1200 https://www.sevenseasmotors.com/bike-detail/Yamaha-T80-33824/ which is not a bad price for a mainly rust free bike, although there looks like a bit of rusting around rear mudguard which has been touched up, only 15921 km (9893 miles) on the clock.  Would need registering in UK (another £55) presumably they would do that if required. Dual seat should fit from a UK version

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  steve9e Wed 8 Dec - 10:37

Thanks JW :d\\'-\\':

If I get to the bottom of this I will let you know.     Wink

Have a good Xmas and a Happier New Year

PS  As a matter of interest my T80 usually gets an airing with the  North East Tiddlers group, basically Co/Durham based.
see us on Facebook (N.E.Tiddlers private group) our runs usually cover N.Yorkshire,Durham and South Northumberland    Very Happy Very Happy

steve

steve9e

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Wed 8 Dec - 15:15

steve9e wrote:Thanks JW :d\\'-\\':

If I get to the bottom of this I will let you know.     Wink

Have a good Xmas and a Happier New Year

PS  As a matter of interest my T80 usually gets an airing with the  North East Tiddlers group, basically Co/Durham based.
see us on Facebook (N.E.Tiddlers private group) our runs usually cover N.Yorkshire,Durham and South Northumberland    Very Happy Very Happy

steve

Same to you Steve, Pity I was not near to you would love a run out with your group but I am down in Cambridgeshire. As for the JDM bikes might be worth a call to Seven Seas, Looks like they only have this one now, I see they have several Honda C90's so maybe the Townmates did not sell as well, dont think they marketed them well, they should have registered them with DVLA, but buyers want bike road ready.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  steve9e Wed 8 Dec - 20:09

Hi JW, Very Happy

One thing certain you would have a laugh with the Tiddler's

take care

Steve

steve9e

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum