YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Where Can I Get A Decal Vote_lcapWhere Can I Get A Decal Voting_barWhere Can I Get A Decal Vote_rcap 
JohnW
Where Can I Get A Decal Vote_lcapWhere Can I Get A Decal Voting_barWhere Can I Get A Decal Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Where Can I Get A Decal EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Where Can I Get A Decal

4 posters

Go down

Where Can I Get A Decal Empty Where Can I Get A Decal

Post  adespin Tue 12 Dec - 15:40

I'm looking for a gear change decal located on the headlamp nacelle to the rear of the speedo, anybody know where i can get one ?
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Where Can I Get A Decal Empty Re: Where Can I Get A Decal

Post  3hundredspartans Wed 13 Dec - 13:24

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Thu 14 Dec - 11:37

Thanks, but i only need the one decal, £40 including postage is a lot to pay. https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t981-job-done-t80-finished
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Thu 14 Dec - 16:41

Does sound a lot for a sheet of adhesive plastic, but I suppose the limited amount they are going to sell effects price. The fact they have to come all the way from the USA does not help.
Why do you need to know what the gear box positions are, Its a simple up and down normal motorcycle system. Once you have ridden it once you know where the gears are.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Thu 14 Dec - 19:01

It's got nothing to do with knowing how the gears work. I would like the Townmate to look as authentic as possible, and the gear decal would be the finishing touch. I know the decals that i have fitted and the paint colour are not authentic, but the money only goes so far.
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Thu 14 Dec - 19:30

Not a rivet counter restoration man myself, just use mine as intended as transport, hand painted with Hammerite Smoothrite, decals long gone, would rather spent the £40 on essential items like tyres etc Smile

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Thu 14 Dec - 22:25

The upfront expense might seem high but once you have the decals, the cost later on is a non issue. At least then you have the others as eventually you will need them also.

For around £26 you will not find anyone to do one decal let alone all of them.

I have a set of these reproduced decals and I have original Yamaha side panel cover decals and comparing the two, these are far superior.

@ John - It is not just a piece of adhesive plastic. The media used is 3M acrylic vinyl of the correct gauge so it can be applied to curved surfaces and not crease. Plus, the inks used are oil resistant and UV stabilised so they won't fade anytime soon.

If you really want authenticity on a 30 year old scooter, you simply have to spend the money. :d\\'-\\':

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  barker Fri 15 Dec - 19:54

I got mine made for me at a sign makers , the lot cost ne 20pounds down loaded the images off the net

barker

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Tue 19 Dec - 12:46

JohnW wrote:Not a rivet counter restoration man myself, just use mine as intended as transport, hand painted with Hammerite Smoothrite, decals long gone, would rather spent the £40 on essential items like tyres etc Smile

I guess we're all different John, i take a lot of pride in my Townmate and have a broad grin on my face whenever i'm out on it, something to do with riding a unique motorcycle as there are not a lot left on the road.
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Tue 19 Dec - 15:36

adespin wrote:
JohnW wrote:Not a rivet counter restoration man myself, just use mine as intended as transport, hand painted with Hammerite Smoothrite, decals long gone, would rather spent the £40 on essential items like tyres etc Smile

I guess we're all different John, i take a lot of pride in my Townmate and have a broad grin on my face whenever i'm out on it, something to do with riding a unique motorcycle as there are not a lot left on the road.

Glad you are still riding it & not trailering it around the shows as many do these days. I still use mine for local transport so not bothered about a few transfers being missing. Try to keep it as inconspicuous as possible, not easy these days with few step through's on the road, now all 'hair dryer' twist and goes. Can be a pain having to explain to the uniformed public that its not a Honda Cub. "I used to have one of them mate, Honda 90 aint it"

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Wed 20 Dec - 17:06

Your so right, two days ago a 30 something year old guy came over as i was chaining up the bike in town and asked if it was a Vespa ! mind you he was drinking a can of Red Bull at the time. But at least he did take an interest.
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down