YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
rideing in the dark Vote_lcaprideing in the dark Voting_barrideing in the dark Vote_rcap 
JohnW
rideing in the dark Vote_lcaprideing in the dark Voting_barrideing in the dark Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
rideing in the dark EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
rideing in the dark EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
rideing in the dark EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
rideing in the dark EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
rideing in the dark EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
rideing in the dark EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
rideing in the dark EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
rideing in the dark EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
rideing in the dark EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

rideing in the dark

3 posters

Go down

rideing in the dark Empty rideing in the dark

Post  barker Thu 21 Dec - 16:54

had to go to hospital yesterday for a small op, so as parking is imposable with a car I took the t80 ,my appointment was 2,30 so no problem be home by four ,not so should have known better never got in the operation room till four , the simple op took nearly two hours , so by the time I was ready to go home it was six oclock and a light rain was falling my ten mile journey home was hell couldn't see were I was going with the rain on my glasses , in the end I took them off, made it better but on the open parts of the road with no street lights I could not see anything over 20 miles a hour I read on this forum some one made your lights into 12 volt, are they any good mind you anything is better than what I have at present
I have a 12 cub and the lights are not very clever on that ,so im thinking is it worth altering my t80 or should I leave it for nice sunny days only and use my modern scooter for in clement weather and after dark

barker

Back to top Go down

rideing in the dark Empty Re: rideing in the dark

Post  JohnW Thu 21 Dec - 20:07

barker wrote:had to go to hospital yesterday for a small op, so as parking is imposable with a car I took the t80 ,my appointment was 2,30 so no problem be home by  four ,not so should have known better never got in the operation room till four , the simple op took nearly two hours , so by the time I was ready to go home it was six oclock  and a light rain was falling my ten mile journey home was hell couldn't see were I was going with the rain on my glasses , in the end I took them off, made it better but on the open parts of the road with no street lights I  could not see anything over 20 miles a hour   I read on this forum some one  made your lights into 12 volt, are they any good  mind you anything is better than what I have at present
I have a 12 cub and the lights are not very clever on that ,so im thinking is it worth  altering my t80  or should I leave it for nice sunny days only and use my modern  scooter  for in clement weather and after dark

Leave it as it is and use a modern scooter in the dark. Yes the lights are abismal but i doubt if they would be much better with 12 volts. Modern lights are a different design with more efficient bulbs. Depends how much you need to use it after dark. Another solution may be to fit an LED auxiliary light. Something like this may do the job, listed to work on 4 to 85 volt DC only 10 watt consumption so could be wired direct to battery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1200LM-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Car-30W-T6-LED-Driving-Headlight-Fog-Lamp-Spot-Light/253068486229?hash=item3aec0ea655:g:PhMAAOSwRIRZfCad

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  barker Fri 22 Dec - 9:49

what I have done some time ago is fit small led push bike lights to my t80 I turn them on if the weather is overcast , they give me a back up light but not any good as to seeing were im going
after yesterdays ride home the t80 is for day time use only, in the dark its bad but with the rain as well it was a night mare
as I said in the last post my cub is 12 volt but the lights are not up to driving along unlit roars they are better than the t80s but still not up to safety standards as far as in concerned its going to be my modern scooter or the bus till april

barker

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Tue 26 Dec - 13:19

Τhe T50 lights are more for other drivers to see you than you to see where you are going.

Α 12V diy conversion is easy , as the T50 has two two independent coils you can let the basic parts working with 6 volts and use the 12 volt for lights.

I made a front lamp using 5050 smd leds ,I had a lot of brightness but unfortunately it do not focus anywhere and I did not see the way.

rideing in the dark Dsc03145

After this i convert the lights with led :

rideing in the dark 100_5111

rideing in the dark 100_5113

Ιn this way I took off some load from the lighting, so more power now goes to the front light.
Again, however, I can not say that such a small difference is worth the effort.

I believe the solution is a conversion to 12V and put a halogen lamp , along with transforming the light coil because its power is low.
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum