YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Raptor engine Vote_lcapRaptor engine Voting_barRaptor engine Vote_rcap 
JohnW

Top posting users this week
Mark1
JohnW

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Raptor engine EmptyYesterday at 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Raptor engine EmptyYesterday at 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Raptor engine EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Raptor engine EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Raptor engine EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Raptor engine EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Raptor engine EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Raptor engine EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Raptor engine EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Raptor engine

2 posters

Go down

Raptor engine Empty Raptor engine

Post  guignard Tue 27 Nov - 4:17

Does anyone know if a raptor engine will fit a townmate. Thanks Adrian

guignard

Back to top Go down

Raptor engine Empty Re: Raptor engine

Post  JohnW Tue 27 Nov - 14:49

I would think it would, looks the same engine as fitted in the Japanese Domestic Market Townmate. But only has 3 speed gearbox and 12volt electric starter so some revision of wiring, bulbs etc would be needed as well as the correct CDI unit.
Not sure that Rapters are that common in UK, so you would be better sourcing a correct spec Townmate T80 engine.
Whats wrong with the one you have fitted?

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  guignard Tue 27 Nov - 16:10

I'm restoring a t80 that has been standing for a few years. Really struggling with the clutch and the carb. Clutch had some corrosion cleaned it up but fitting the circlip is really difficult. Seems too much pressure but no parts changed only cleaned. And it will only rev with the coke on. Cleaned all jets ervc 3 times. Starts and ticks over fine. Was just thinking if I could find an engine would save myself grief. Raptor engine on eBay that's why I asked. After what you say I'll leave it
Thanks very much for your reply.

guignard

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Wed 28 Nov - 10:23

guignard wrote:I'm restoring a t80 that has been standing for a few years. Really struggling with the clutch and the carb. Clutch had some corrosion cleaned it up but fitting the circlip is really difficult. Seems too much pressure but no parts changed only cleaned. And it will only rev with the coke on. Cleaned all jets ervc 3 times. Starts and ticks over fine.  Was just thinking if I could find an engine would save myself grief. Raptor engine on eBay that's why I asked. After what you say I'll leave it
Thanks very much for your reply.

Clutch pates are readily available from Wemoto https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/t_80_townmate/83-97 much better to sort out the engine you have as it seems basically sound. The problem with carb is not engine related.
The problem with 'lean' running may be a split pipe from the manifold to petrol tap, or petrol tap diaphragm may be leaking air into the system. To check remove pipe from manifold and seal off. Another piece of pipe with a bolt pushed into open end will do it, set the tap to PRIME other wise the fuel wont flow to carb. You say you have cleaned the jets in carb and that O ring is ok between carb and manifold, so not likely to be a gasket problem. There is only one gasket for float chamber which is available from A J Sutton https://www.ajsutton.co.uk/product/YAMAHA/22F141840000/GASKET,%20FLOAT%20CHAMBER&uid=0
The accelerator pump should be checked to see if plunger is free and correctly adjusted, but that will not really cause the problem you have, just maybe a hesitation when accelerating.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  guignard Wed 28 Nov - 10:41

Thanks for your quick reply. Think you are completely right about the vacuum pipe to the tap. About 11 o'clock last night I had a Eurika moment. I have been using a remote petrol bottle to feed the carb. This means that the pipe from the tap to the carb is disconnected. Didn't think to plug it so pretty sure that's my problem. Have ordered clutch plates so hope I'm on the right track. Can't believe I didn't think to plug the pipe. What a dipstick. Thanks again.

guignard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down