YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Indicators stop when brakes applied. EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Indicators stop when brakes applied.

3 posters

Go down

Indicators stop when brakes applied. Empty Indicators stop when brakes applied.

Post  TedSka Thu 29 Jun - 16:33

I have an 88/89 35T townmate that had been off the road for approximately 30 years. It has quite good indicators except when the brakes are applied, when they stop all together. Not good or healthy when negotiating junctions! When i acquired it , the flasher relay was missing, and a new one (electronic, rather than electromechanical) was easily obtained and fitted. Also, the indicator bulbs were 21w rather than the 15w ones specified by Haynes. I took a mechanics advice and fitted 8w (6volt of course!) bulbs all round and they were a lot brighter. All earths are good and battery is new and healthy and has over 6v charge, and the brake bulb is the specified 5/21w. Could the problem be that the relay is incorrect somehow? Is there a tried and tested model of relay out there?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

TedSka

Back to top Go down

Indicators stop when brakes applied. Empty Re: Indicators stop when brakes applied.

Post  JohnW Thu 29 Jun - 20:15

Its a normal problem with the T80 that the indicators slow and dim when brake light is operated, battery cant cope, with engine running they should still work. You could try a larger capacity battery.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Indicators stop when brakes applied. Empty Re: Indicators stop when brakes applied.

Post  Duckrider Thu 27 Jul - 19:57

The answer is a little late, but I faced the same problem, so I made my own flash relay that works at 6 volts, because there was no relay for such a low voltage. So I have a constant time regardless of the load
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  TedSka Sun 30 Jul - 14:40

That's interesting, any chance of a schematic for that 6v relay, or a link to one?

TedSka

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Sun 30 Jul - 20:14

Yes, as soon as i get home to my laptop
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Mon 31 Jul - 17:52

Ok, here we are now
Let me start by telling you that I have converted all the lights to LEDs that work at 3 volts. I did this in an attempt to reduce the load from the lighting and charging coils so that I would have an excess of power for the front light but in the end it did not perform as expected.

The basic design is based on the well-known 555 timer integrated circuit.

Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Mon 31 Jul - 18:37

Indicators stop when brakes applied. Q

This is the design, you can see a basic wiring with the 555 integrated circuit, if you don't like the operating time you can change the values of the 47KΩ and 10KΩ resistors or even the 10µF capacitor, the larger the capacitor, the lower the frequency. The S of the small mosfet , the negative of the capacitor and the pin 1 of the 555 must connect to the ground (-) .

This is the old flasher

Indicators stop when brakes applied. Dsc01837

Here a photo of my own construction

Indicators stop when brakes applied. DSC02791

The old flasher has two terminals, the new one has three because it needs a ground to work.

A Brown cable is going to the old signal relay, this is also the input voltage for the new one ,
the output of the signal relay to the signal switch  is the Br/W cable.
Duckrider
Duckrider

TedSka likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down