YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions!

3 posters

Go down

Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! Empty Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions!

Post  3hundredspartans Fri 28 Mar - 10:18

Guys, I am looking at replacing the indicator switch to modify it and have it on the left rather than the right which, in my opinion, is a engineering oversight by Yamaha. Basically, swap the switch mechanisms - indicator/horn on the left and headlights on the right. To have the throttle and the indicator on the same side is ridiculous as you are using both all of the time while riding. I find it annoying and sometimes dangerous at a time when the left hand is doing nothing other than holding the handlebars. So my question is does anyone have any suggestions on doing this, from what other Yamaha or other model could possible be retrofitted to achieve this? I have looked at the V80 setup online but as we don't have any in OZ, cannot be sure. Any others? Do the switches need to come off a model that is 6V or can you use a 12V unit/s?

Cheers, Frank.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! Empty Re: Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions!

Post  barker Fri 28 Mar - 10:55

think your self lucky the first bike I had you had to do hand signals not a lot of fun when you turned right and the bike slowed down due to no throttle the t80 as very modern when it came along shame they never made a 12 volt er

barker

Back to top Go down

Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions! Empty Re: Indicator Switch Gear Modification - Suggestions!

Post  JohnW Fri 28 Mar - 12:23

3hundredspartans wrote:Guys, I am looking at replacing the indicator switch to modify it and have it on the left rather than the right which, in my opinion, is a engineering oversight by Yamaha. Basically, swap the switch mechanisms - indicator/horn on the left and headlights on the right. To have the throttle and the indicator on the same side is ridiculous as you are using both all of the time while riding. I find it annoying and sometimes dangerous at a time when the left hand is doing nothing other than holding the handlebars. So my question is does anyone have any suggestions on doing this, from what other Yamaha or other model could possible be retrofitted to achieve this? I have looked at the V80 setup online but as we don't have any in OZ, cannot be sure. Any others? Do the switches need to come off a model that is 6V or can you use a 12V unit/s?

Cheers, Frank.

Frankly Frank(no pun intended) I don't see the need to do this mod, I don't have any problems with the controls as they are. Its not as if you have to keep a finger on the switch whilst turning is it. Just move it to indicate, do the turn, the cancel, simple & does not interfere with throttle control, so can't see any advantage of changing it. Just a load of trouble finding bits to do it (especially in Australia) changing the wiring so that its then non standard.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Fri 28 Mar - 21:59

Makes sense I suppose, thanks for the reply John.

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down