YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Expensive exhaust system Vote_lcapExpensive exhaust system Voting_barExpensive exhaust system Vote_rcap 
JohnW
Expensive exhaust system Vote_lcapExpensive exhaust system Voting_barExpensive exhaust system Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Mark1

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Expensive exhaust system EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Expensive exhaust system EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Expensive exhaust system EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Expensive exhaust system EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Expensive exhaust system EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Expensive exhaust system EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Expensive exhaust system EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Expensive exhaust system EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Expensive exhaust system EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Expensive exhaust system

4 posters

Go down

Expensive exhaust system Empty Expensive exhaust system

Post  JohnW Sat 29 Oct - 14:12

Yamaha dealers A.J.Sutton Unit 4 Midbrook Court Blakelands Milton Keynes MK14 5FH are selling Townmate exhaust systems at whopping £232.02 which I assume is the current list price. I know these are genuine Yamaha parts but at six times the price of a pattern system I dont think they will sell many. A look through their web site also shows a number of other genuine Yamaha spares at high prices. One would have thought that in the waining years of Townmate ownership they would have sold these NOS (new old stock) parts of at bargian prices to clear their stores. In contrast, Wemoto stock a number of pattern spares (including exhaust systems) at much cheaper prices.

Last edited by JohnW on Sat 29 Oct - 14:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change of price)

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Expensive exhaust system Empty Re: Expensive exhaust system

Post  Duckrider Tue 16 Jan - 15:16

£232.02 it's a lot of money.

I recently changed the exhaust with a not genuine but very good quality, I do not know much about the construction company, but I cite a picture that may help.
The price is 50 euros.

Expensive exhaust system Dsc02556

Expensive exhaust system Dsc02542
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Tue 16 Jan - 22:25

Looks a standard replacement type also available in UK for around £46. They have a bigger outlet pipe and sound a bit throaty compared with original. My bike goes much better, not so restrictive. https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/exhaust-yamaha-t80-townmate-1983-97-p-166427.html

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Wed 17 Jan - 15:06

JohnW wrote:Looks a standard replacement type also available in UK for around £46. They have a bigger outlet pipe and sound a bit throaty compared with original. My bike goes much better, not so restrictive. https://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/exhaust-yamaha-t80-townmate-1983-97-p-166427.html

£46 is a reasonable price.

But if we think that a worker's salary in Greece has fallen to 450 euros today, the price seems to be expensive.
But unfortunately this is true in my country Sad , you do not have the same problem to worry about .
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Fri 19 Jan - 12:59

[quote

But if we think that a worker's salary in Greece has fallen to 450 euros today, the price seems to be expensive.
But unfortunately this is true in my  country  Sad  , you do not have the same problem to worry about  .[/quote]

How much do you think we earn in the UK ? 450 euros is around £400, there are many workers in the UK earning less than that. The average wage is a lot higher but that's because the top earners are on megga bucks pushing up the average wage, Britain is an unfair society where the rich look after the rich, and as long as we have a Conservative government that is unlikely to change, Sad  i'll get off my soapbox now Smile
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Fri 19 Jan - 13:02

adespin wrote:[quote

But unfortunately this is true in my  country  Sad  , you do not have the same problem to worry about  .

How much do you think we earn in the UK ? 450 euros is around £400, there are many workers in the UK earning less than that. The average wage is a lot higher but that's because the top earners are on megga bucks pushing up the average wage, Britain is an unfair society where the rich look after the rich, and as long as we have a Conservative government that is unlikely to change, Sad  i'll get off my soapbox now Smile[/quote]

What does the 450 euro salary refer to a week, month or year!!

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Fri 19 Jan - 13:06

JohnW wrote:
adespin wrote:[quote

But unfortunately this is true in my  country  Sad  , you do not have the same problem to worry about  .

How much do you think we earn in the UK ? 450 euros is around £400, there are many workers in the UK earning less than that. The average wage is a lot higher but that's because the top earners are on megga bucks pushing up the average wage, Britain is an unfair society where the rich look after the rich, and as long as we have a Conservative government that is unlikely to change, Sad  i'll get off my soapbox now Smile

What does the 450 euro salary refer to a week, month or year!![/quote]

I didn't think of that, i assumed Duckrider meant "per week"
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Sun 28 Jan - 17:42

JohnW wrote:

[/quote]

Unfortunately I was talking about a monthly salary.

My son gets 450 euros a month with 12 hours of work a day and 6 days a week.
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  adespin Sun 28 Jan - 19:20

Duckrider wrote:
JohnW wrote:

Unfortunately I was talking about a monthly salary.

My son gets 450 euros a month with 12 hours of work a day and 6 days a week.[/quote]

OUCH !!!
adespin
adespin

Back to top Go down

Post  Astana Jim Fri 16 Mar - 13:43

Have bought one of the MCP pattern part exhausts for my T80.......quality looks fine for £46.
It's coming up a bit short against the bike......around 10mm.
Have taken the black supporting bracket off and am thinking I can open up/ elongate the front holes where that mounts to the frame.....and the pair of holes which the exhausts then mounts to on the bracket. Should bring the holes forward just enough for minimal effort.
Any other ideas?

Astana Jim

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Fri 16 Mar - 21:47

Astana Jim wrote:Have bought one of the MCP pattern part exhausts for my T80.......quality looks fine for £46.
It's coming up a bit short against the bike......around 10mm.
Have taken the black supporting bracket off and am thinking I can open up/ elongate the front holes where that mounts to the frame.....and the pair of holes which the exhausts then mounts to on the bracket. Should bring the holes forward just enough for minimal effort.
Any other ideas?

Yes I had to do that with one I bought, may also need longer studs in head. Worth replacing them with M6 stainless steel ones.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Astana Jim Fri 16 Mar - 23:09

Thanks for that. Not the biggest problem, and relatively easy to fix....
Good call on the stainless studs.....

Astana Jim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down