YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Is there any point in continuing this forum? EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Is there any point in continuing this forum?

+3
Dowser
andrewp
Admin drgaz
7 posters

Go down

Is there any point in continuing this forum? Empty Is there any point in continuing this forum?

Post  JohnW Tue 31 Mar - 14:33

Most of the activity now seems to be on facebook Yamaha Townmate T80 Appreciation group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1746422715641841/
So is there any point in continuing with this group, not even sure if the administrator Admin drgaz is still on board, his last post appears to be 15 months ago on Sun Dec 16, 2018 !!!

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Is there any point in continuing this forum? Empty Re: Is there any point in continuing this forum?

Post  Christian 1 Tue 31 Mar - 15:31

Why not,considering a lot of important informations are in it.
I'm for!
Is there a problem with Admin drgaz?Did somebody knows?

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Is there any point in continuing this forum? Empty Re: Is there any point in continuing this forum?

Post  Admin drgaz Sat 9 May - 12:22

Wow hang on a minute Facebook that's a swear word around here lol. Yes I am back after far to long and I've no excuse for my absence sorry. Thanks go out to the lads for keeping the forum ticking over. Special thanks to John for holding the fort cheers mate. I hope that this finds you all safe and well in lockdown. Keep living the dream love n peace Admin drgaz back after how long jeeeeze!
Admin drgaz
Admin drgaz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Sat 9 May - 14:15

Admin drgaz wrote:Wow hang on a minute Facebook that's a swear word around here lol. Yes I am back after far to long and I've no excuse for my absence sorry. Thanks go out to the lads for keeping the forum ticking over. Special thanks to John for holding the fort cheers mate. I hope that this finds you all safe and well in lockdown. Keep living the dream love n peace Admin drgaz back after how long jeeeeze!
I'm glad youre ok and back!
Cheers mate! :d\\'-\\':

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Is there any point in continuing this forum? Empty Keep on please

Post  andrewp Thu 21 May - 11:03

I tend to use the C90 forum but this one is still useful. Facebook is not a good enough substitute. I have been using Facebook for the Honda Vision owners group and, whilst it is better than nothing, it does not offer the same scope for recording people's advice, hints and tips as a forum. I am therefore looking at setting up a forum for the Vision. Not sure whether to use Forumotion or Wix as a platform. Looks like with Wix you get a prettier looking website but have a site name based on your username, so it wont show up on searches. They make their money by encouraging you to buy a domain name, on monthly subscription, which will then reflect the group's name ("Vision Owners Club") and can therefore be easily found.
I've also played around with WordPress but you have to pay to add in a forum facility, otherwise it is just a blog platform. Hey ho.
andrewp
andrewp

Back to top Go down

Post  Dowser Thu 21 May - 12:00

Hope it wasn't something I said... I only signed up last night lol  I'm not a big fan of Facebook, and quit it a few years back.

Don't shut the forum down yet.  At least not until I get my kick start sorted Wink

Dowser

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Wed 3 Jun - 18:54

Facebook is for young and pretty Very Happy

i am too old to rock n rool , and too young to die.

So I am in favor of maintaining the forum.

Because I belong to the Hellas Transalp Forum forum, we had the same issue here for discussion.

Eventually we decided to keep both :d\\'-\\':

I also send my war greetings to my friend draz :d\\'-\\': Very Happy
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Is there any point in continuing this forum? Empty Any point ?

Post  steve9e Sun 14 Jun - 10:30

hi Guys :d\\'-\\':

Just had a look at the Facebook group which seems more active than our sleepy little gathering . It is easy to use both i guess but this forum seems better for standard bikes and old fogies ?
Well Facebook is a love /hate relationship to me so we will see. Nothing wrong with this forum in my book apart from bit more  action would help. Shocked

steve9e

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Sun 21 Jun - 21:41

steve9e wrote:hi Guys :d\\'-\\':

Just had a look at the Facebook group which seems more active than our sleepy little gathering . It is easy to use both i guess but this forum seems better for standard bikes and old fogies ?
Well Facebook is a love /hate relationship to me so we will see. Nothing wrong with this forum in my book apart from bit more  action would help. Shocked

I agree, seem to be a load of idiots on FB hell bent on chopping standard T80s into custom bikes, also the V80 brigade who dont seem to understand that is a completely different bike to T80.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  steve9e Mon 13 Jul - 13:53

hi guys. :d\\'-\\':

With all the knowledge , experience, contacts etc. why can't we find some leg shield inserts? come on you 3D printer wizards Very Happy
use the FORCE Evil or Very Mad

steve9e

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Fri 28 Aug - 15:05

Today i sold my T80...

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Fri 28 Aug - 15:11

Christian 1 wrote:Today i sold my T80...

May i ask you the reason?

Because I am so emotionally attached to my own that I will eventually be buried with it Very Happy
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Fri 28 Aug - 15:34

I find a guy who is in love with it more that i am.He wants to give her back the beauty as it deserve.I wasn't able to find someone to restore it as new.

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Fri 28 Aug - 15:50

Christian 1 wrote:I find a guy who is in love with it more that i am.He wants to give her back the beauty as it deserve.I wasn't able to find someone to restore it as new.

Αnd now? What is the next step?

I have a bigger one to play,

Is there any point in continuing this forum? Dsc02344_zpsvhmhiysj

but my small beauty is my sin Embarassed
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Fri 28 Aug - 16:20

Now i'm stopped!
I bought last year in november a Suzuki RV 125 Van Van,made in 2016 with 826 km on the odometer.This is what i use now in town for commuting.For long rounds i have a 2006 Derbi Mulhacen 659 Scrambler.I was in Greece twice with it. :d\\'-\\':

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Sat 29 Aug - 7:48

Christian 1 wrote:Now i'm stopped!
I bought last year in november a Suzuki RV 125 Van Van,made in 2016 with 826 km on the odometer.This is what i use now in town for commuting.For long rounds i have a 2006 Derbi Mulhacen 659 Scrambler.I was in Greece twice with it. :d\\'-\\':

I remember this suzuki with the wide inflatable tires. Very Happy :d\\'-\\':
But I did not know that it was produced until 2016.
And the Derbi is a bit weird for my taste , but I have to admit that this style has a lot of fanatics. :d\\'-\\':
I bought the T50 in 2005 because my job was now very close to home and I was bored every day to get the car out of the parking .
I bought it for 140 euros in a bad condition in appearance but it was mechanically functional.
Σince then I must have paid over 1800 euros to do it as it looks today, and have in my basement secret workshop:D spare parts to assemble two more T50-80:roll:
I was then 45 years old and it was the first time I would ride a motorcycle, until then I only had my bicycle, basically one of the five I have.
After 3 years of driving T50 I started making small trips with it, which was tedious for both me and it. Very Happy
So I bought a Ηοnda Transalp XL650V2, which I kept until 2017, when I matured as a rider and realized that I wanted a road bike and not an onof.
So, at age of 47, I bought a CBF600SA8, and I will end my motorcycle career with it. Very Happy
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Sat 29 Aug - 15:14

They didn't imported more in Romania Suzi Van Van because from 1 january 2017 you cannot registered any new motorcycle without Euro 4 and ABS.Mine is Euro 3 and no ABS.
Derbi Mulhacen 659 is a breed apart category,but is 100% my taste!Spyros from Samiosport:
https://ecu-flashing.com/ made me a ECU reflash and now is a different bike than the stock one(from 48 hp to 52 hp and 55Nm to 60 Nm).
My Van Van and my Mulen(the nick of my Mulhacen)are the bikes for the rest of my life.Definitivelly!

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Sun 30 Aug - 14:13

Spyros from Samiosport?

This is at Greece i think, my country Question
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Sun 30 Aug - 14:58

Duckrider wrote:Spyros from Samiosport?

This is at Greece i think, my country Question
Yes,in Athena. Smile

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Mon 31 Aug - 7:03

And you live in Ρomania , or am i wrong?

Αnd you have come to Greece twice, as a tourist or with your motorbike for repairs?

I live at Elefsina, a town about 25Kms west from the center of the Athens and 5 Kms from the sea.
Hope you understand the position.
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Mon 31 Aug - 9:35

Yes,i live in city of Cluj-Napoca,Transylvania,Romania,.
Last two times when i travel as tourist in Greece was with my Mulhacen 659 and my wife with her Beta Euro 350.
Last time i was in Zagora. Smile
Yes i've got how near you are from Athens.

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Mon 31 Aug - 18:14

Ok, see u next time you visit Athens :d\\'-\\':
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian 1 Mon 31 Aug - 18:57

Duckrider wrote:Ok, see u next time you visit Athens :d\\'-\\':
Why not? :d\\'-\\':

Christian 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down