YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.

4 posters

Go down

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. Empty T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.

Post  prah Thu 30 Nov - 1:08

Hi, i have recently obtained a shed found T80. The carb was jammed up with dried out petrol deposits. I have managed to clean it up,unfortunately i have a mystery spring which i can not see where it fits. The carb is the standard VM16SH Mikuni. According to my Haynes manual, the spring is in the vicinity of the throttle valve arm and the throttle valve assembly. The book says to carefully unhook the arm from the throttle valve, taking care to avoid losing the spring which will tend to fly out. My problem is i cannot see where it locates, there are also no visible marks to guide me. All of the exploded parts lists i have seen do not show this spring. The spring measures approximately 12mm x 6mm. I am at a loss to find out the location for it. If there is anybody who reads this that can guide me i would be very grateful. Thanks for looking.

prah

Back to top Go down

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. Empty Re: T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.

Post  3hundredspartans Thu 30 Nov - 5:18

This should help:

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. Screen11

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. Empty T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.

Post  prah Thu 30 Nov - 19:34

Hi, thanks for posting the diagram. Unfortunately this is the same one, as i already have. For some reason a lot of the carb internals are not on the drawing, one of them being my spring. Thanks for your help.

prah

Back to top Go down

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. Empty Re: T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed.

Post  3hundredspartans Thu 30 Nov - 22:29

Can you post a pic of the spring and I can check with a new carb that I have?

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  prah Sat 2 Dec - 2:11

Hi 3hundredspartans. Thanks for the offer of help. I am struggling to list photos of the carb. I will get my daughter to have a go in the morning.

Success! :d\\'-\\':

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca17
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca18T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca19

prah

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Sat 2 Dec - 22:10

Are you talking about the spring next to the metal rule?

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Sat 2 Dec - 22:21

3hundredspartans wrote:Are you talking about the spring next to the metal rule?

If its the spring near rule it could be from the idle or mixture screw (4 & 5 in diagram). There is also another similar one on the accelerator pump adjustment, not shown in the diagram, so probably that one

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  prah Sun 3 Dec - 0:35

Hi guys, yes it is the spring next to the ruler 3hundred, It measures 12mm in length and 6mm in diameter approx. The 3 springs that you mention John are all present in my carb. I have totally stripped it down and cleaned all jets and drillings. In my Haynes manual it says to remove the throttle valve arm with the throttle valve attached, taking care to avoid losing the spring which will tend to fly out.  If you have the Haynes manual this information is on page 77 6/4. I took photographs of the carb before and during strip down but did not notice the spring position. I cannot see any wear marks, and am at a loss where it goes. If you could look inside your spare carb 3hundred, i would be very grateful.T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca20
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca21

prah

Back to top Go down

Post  3hundredspartans Sun 3 Dec - 10:54

Ok, there are only three such springs on the carb and they are:

• one for the air mixture screw (item 4 - Air screw set)
• one for the idle screw (item 5 - Throttle screw set)
• one for the throttle linkage, not sure what it is called. I did a quick search on the web and cannot find what it is labelled as. It is actually missing off the parts list.

Photo of mine here:

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. File_010

3hundredspartans

Back to top Go down

Post  prah Sun 3 Dec - 18:32

Hi chaps. thanks for your efforts. I have examined the carb yet again, the 3 suggested springs are all present and correct on it. There are a lot of parts not illustrated on the drawings. I have been told that those parts omitted were never available as spares and that the whole carb would need replacing if there were problems. How true this is i do not know but seems a good explanation. I am wondering if the mystery spring goes under the throttle valve over the needle although there are no obvious signs of wear. I have placed the spring on the needle in the attached pictures, your thoughts are welcome. Thanks. T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca23
[
T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca22
you.T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. T80_ca24

Last edited by prah on Sun 3 Dec - 22:22; edited 1 time in total

prah

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Sun 3 Dec - 19:51

No it does not fit on needle. Rather than fit it somewhere it should not go leave it out and re assemble the carb without it. The only other compression spring is a very light one under the accelerator pump plunger, but it is far too strong for that.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  prah Thu 7 Dec - 11:26

Hi Chaps. Any more ideas please?

prah

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Thu 7 Dec - 12:58

prah wrote:Hi Chaps. Any more ideas please?
Code:

Stop worrying about it. As i said before assemble the carb without it, if it works OK job done, the spring was probably incorrectly fitted somewhere by a previous owner.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Tue 26 Dec - 14:12

Hello,

here are some photos,

First there are two kinds of valve throttle and i don't know which you have

This is mine :

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. 01a

If you look at these valves from the top you will see the position of the spring

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. 01b

and the other one:

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. 01e

So you have to put the spring in this way :

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. 01d

and after the arm,

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. 01g

the arm holds the spring in position

T80 carb. Mystery spring position. Help needed. 01f

Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down