YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Vote_lcapNew T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Voting_barNew T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Vote_rcap 
JohnW
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Vote_lcapNew T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Voting_barNew T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
Mark1
JohnW

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyYesterday at 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyYesterday at 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK

4 posters

Go down

New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Empty New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK

Post  tim_brp Tue 22 May - 13:34

Hi everyone, I first joined this forum back in 2012 when I originally got a pretty sorry T80 for £250. It then had a bit of work done by me and a mate, went for an MOT and failed on a few fairly minor points. It was at that point that I moved from Skipton to Leeds (for work) and unfortunately my bike (Giselle) got left behind in my mates barn, where it sat until 2016 when I moved up to Newcastle (for a girl) I brought it with me, it then sat in my back yard until December 2017 until my partners uncle, a recently retired mechanic said he'd happily take a look at it and get it through his MOT.

I'm a fairly practical person, but not too knowledgeable about engines and the like, so I was pretty excited when he offered his help. In just over 2 weeks, unbeknown to me he completely stripped it down, res-prayed the engine casing, welded some dodgy spots on the frame and ultimately made it look wonderful. What a guy! On receiving it back from him he said it was bogging out on occasion and he thought it was a problem with the carburettor, it ran reasonably fine though, but struggled a bit with any sort of incline. He said keep an eye out for someone breaking one and snap one up a carburettor if you can and that should sort it.

I got it back and started using it for my daily commute, a couple weeks ago I managed to source a carburettor and replaced the old one with it, and while I understand that isn’t a complicated job I was quite proud to have done it myself. I got it started back up and immediately it felt more responsive, I then adjusted the tick over and fuel mixture and it got even better.

Last weekend I braved a 40 mile trip along the coast from Heaton (north of Newcastle) down to my partners Grandparent’s house in Peterlee, where her family gather most Sunday’s. Having never been on this route before (I wanted to avoid A roads as much as possible) I got lost on 3 occasions and it took me 2hs, the scooter seemed to max out at 35mph (40 downhill), which I knew wasn’t as quick as it should be, but I got there. My partner’s uncle was pretty shocked to see me pull up on the scooter and was itching to give it a go now the new (old) carburettor was fitted. He immediately recognised a few things were still not quite right and we set to stripping it down there and then in the garage.

It was completely full of gunk, the jets were clogged completely, we were surprised it was running at all. We scrapped out all the rubbish and worked a wire brush bristle through the jets to clear them out. Once back on up and running the difference was night and day, it now gets up to 45mph in no time at all and on the journey back up I only got lost twice and it took me 1h20m, success!

I’m completely in love with the little machine and it makes my commute to and from the station pretty enjoyable! Are then any other members up this way?

Tim

tim_brp

Back to top Go down

New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Empty Another T80 on the road

Post  steve9e Wed 23 May - 11:36

Hi Tim,

I have just got my T80 and just live down the road in Darlington. It is not my only bike but I like the tiddlers.
Good luck with your T80
Steve :d\\'-\\':

steve9e

Back to top Go down

New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Empty Re: New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK

Post  tim_brp Wed 23 May - 12:30

Hi Tim,

I have just got my T80 and just live down the road in Darlington. It is not my only bike but I like the tiddlers.
Good luck with your T80
Steve  :d\\'-\\':  

Thanks Steve. if you ever find your way a little further north let me know.

tim_brp

Back to top Go down

New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK Empty Re: New T80 on the road in Newcastle UK

Post  barker Wed 23 May - 20:39

good luck with your t80 just tinker your get there

barker

Back to top Go down

Post  Duckrider Mon 28 May - 16:47

Usually when cleaning the carburettor we clean the jets and the float champer.

But it is very basic to clean the main nozzle , But it is very basic to clean the fiery,
I managed to remove it and its holes were 40% clogged..
Duckrider
Duckrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down