YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England

2 posters

Go down

Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England Empty Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England

Post  chti-biloute Mon 2 Dec - 7:25

hello,
would it be possible to know the serial numbers of the bike corresponding to the years of manufacturing 1983 and 1984 and imported in England.
Thank you for the answer.
cordially
Jean

chti-biloute

Back to top Go down

Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England Empty Re: Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England

Post  JohnW Mon 2 Dec - 18:02

chti-biloute wrote:hello,
would it be possible to know the serial numbers of the bike corresponding to the years of manufacturing 1983 and 1984 and imported in England.
cordially
Jean
The engine & frame numbers were the same begining with 35T, I had an engine number 35T006671 which I think it was from a 84 (A reg)bike, also an earlier one 35T000260 maybe from an 83 one, so presumably they started at 35T000001. I think the chance of finding a good 83/84 frame is virtually nil unless its a new old stock spare, but that of course would not have a V5 registration document you require. There are very few T80's around now that old.
Pity you did not find out about the French 30 year ruling before you bought it.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England Empty T80 serial numbers

Post  chti-biloute Mon 2 Dec - 20:09

JohnW wrote:
cordially
Jean
The engine & frame numbers were the same begining with 35T, I had an engine number 35T006671 which I think it was from a 84 (A reg)bike, also an earlier one 35T000260 maybe from an 83 one, so presumably they started at 35T000001. I think the chance of finding a good 83/84 frame is virtually nil unless its a new old stock spare, but that of course would not have a V5 registration document you require. There are very few T80's around now that old.

hi John,
thank you very much for this interesting answer, it's friendly.
i did not know to have these diffulties to register a bike not imported in France when i bought it.
this machine please me, it should be probably the only one who could roll here, and it's mine.
i contacted yesturday a japanese friend that i helped these three last years for find the french model's parts that he needed, he also search.
if however you must found something, don't hesitate to contact me.

what became the frames of which you spoke me in your email ?
what are A REG and 2FL , i don't know that this is.
thank you to let me know
merci
cordially
Jean
Jean

chti-biloute

Back to top Go down

Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England Empty Re: Yamaha T80 : serial numbers of bikes imported in England

Post  JohnW Tue 3 Dec - 9:16

chti-biloute wrote:
JohnW wrote:
cordially
Jean
hi John,
i did not know to have these diffulties to register a bike not imported in France when i bought it.
this machine please me, it should be probably the only one who could roll here, and it's mine.
i contacted yesturday a japanese friend that i helped these three last years for find the french model's parts that he needed, he also search.

thank you to let me know
merci
cordially
Jean
Jean
A REG refers to A prefix UK registration (see below) 2FL is the later post 1986 model
I only had the engines, I did have a 1984 bike registered A695 REG which I sold about 12 years ago as a field bike after the frame had become too rusted to pass MoT. It will have been scrapped by now

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  chti-biloute Tue 3 Dec - 21:08

JohnW wrote:
chti-biloute wrote:
JohnW wrote:
cordially
Jean
hi John,

thank you to let me know
merci
cordially
Jean
Jean
A REG refers to A prefix UK registration (see below) 2FL is the later post 1986 model
I only had the engines, I did have a 1984 bike registered A695 REG which I sold about 12 years ago as a field bike after the frame had become too rusted to pass MoT. It will have been scrapped by now

thanks again for all

chti-biloute

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down