YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Brituro Exhaust silencers EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Brituro Exhaust silencers

2 posters

Go down

Brituro Exhaust silencers Empty Brituro Exhaust silencers

Post  teapot Fri 27 Jun - 8:12

I was after a new exhaust for one of my T80's so contacted Brituro as I've had one of theirs in the past and the quality was good. After a few emails back and forth, the chap confirmed that they don't have any left, and don't intend making any more (not cost effective unless it's an order for a large number of them).

So that leaves only two options - either a very expensive genuine one, or the cheapo £40-ish ones that appear on ebay and some other parts sellers. I've also used one of these in the past, but the angle of the end that goes into the cylinder head didn't match the head, so i had to use exhaust paste to make it seal properly against the gasket, which would inevitably start leaking after a few months and have to be refitted.

Are there any other viable options?

teapot

Back to top Go down

Brituro Exhaust silencers Empty T80 exhaust

Post  JohnW Fri 27 Jun - 9:28

teapot wrote:I was after a new exhaust for one of my T80's so contacted Brituro as I've had one of theirs in the past and the quality was good. After a few emails back and forth, the chap confirmed that they don't have any left, and don't intend making any more (not cost effective unless it's an order for a large number of them).

So that leaves only two options - either a very expensive genuine one, or the cheapo £40-ish ones that appear on ebay and some other parts sellers. I've also used one of these in the past, but the angle of the end that goes into the cylinder head didn't match the head, so i had to use exhaust paste to make it seal properly against the gasket, which would inevitably start leaking after a few months and have to be refitted.

Are there any other viable options?

Thought that may have been the case with Brituro when I rang them they gave me a price but the woman on the phone said she would check with the boss & get back to me, she never did. They still list it though on their web site.
http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/exhaust-yamaha-t80-1983-97-p-166427.html
Motor Cycle Products do the correct system for the T80 at   £45.54 plus £3.95 p&p. I have bought one of these & they are good quality, & it came in a couple of days. Good supplier
Its not worth buying a genuine Yamaha one at £200 or what ever they are now. You can buy 4 pattern ones at that price.
The same one also fits the T50.

Last edited by JohnW on Wed 17 Jun - 16:27; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : link changed for Motorcycle Products & price increase)

JohnW

Back to top Go down