YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
broke  down today EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
broke  down today EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
broke  down today EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
broke  down today EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
broke  down today EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
broke  down today EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
broke  down today EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

» Got me foxed
broke  down today EmptyFri 11 Aug - 14:45 by julio745

» Shortage of ignition switches
broke  down today EmptyThu 10 Aug - 20:09 by JohnW

broke down today

Go down

broke  down today Empty broke down today

Post  barker Sun 14 May - 22:13

had my t80 for over ten years with out it missing a beat, but to day that all changed, thought it was not quite right when I started it up this morning wouldn't tick over ,anyway set off got to the main road and it stalled ,should have turned round there and then ,but no I restarted it and rode 500 yards down the road when it bunny hopped and stopped tried to restart but it was not having any of that, so pushed it home ,parked it up and went out on scooter
after dinner I took the leg shields off thinking its petrol related so start with the carb, the moment the leg shields were out of the way the problem was staring me in the face,
well to be honest two problems main one the carb was about to fall off only one bolt holding it on and that was on its last thread
the other thing was the fuel pipe clip on the carb was not there, put new clip on and new bolt tightened everything up and fired up and rang perfectly
the clip on the fuel line may have been some of my problems starting and having to put it on prime , anyway find out tomorrow
but the carb baffles me it was running fine Tuesday when I last used it, you cant tell me the bolt fell out this morning must have been stuck to the barrel and slowly came unstuck as it cooled down
but the fact it started and ran this morning is amazing

barker

Back to top Go down

broke  down today Empty Re: broke down today

Post  barker Tue 16 May - 9:12

well one problem solved , putting that clamp on the fuel line from carb to tap has stopped all that having to put it on prime in the morning ,started up first kick today, must have allowed air into the pipe before so no vacuum in pipe

barker

Back to top Go down