YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
Mark1
Got me foxed Vote_lcapGot me foxed Voting_barGot me foxed Vote_rcap 
JohnW
Got me foxed Vote_lcapGot me foxed Voting_barGot me foxed Vote_rcap 

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
Got me foxed EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
Got me foxed EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
Got me foxed EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
Got me foxed EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
Got me foxed EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
Got me foxed EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
Got me foxed EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
Got me foxed EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
Got me foxed EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

Got me foxed

2 posters

Go down

Got me foxed Empty Got me foxed

Post  julio745 Tue 8 Aug - 23:52

T80 townmate P862UMW was first registered in 1997 so one of the last ones. I bought it off a mate who was travelling from south Wales to the south of france....., he only got as far as Bristol before having quite a spectacular off, breaking his hand and popping a rib. The eejet had put over sized tyres on it with real cheap and nasty Chinese inner tubes. The rear tyre deflated, came off the rim and sent him vertical. The rear wheel was a write off and he acquired a replacement which he fitted but never used the bike again.
When I bought it off him, I put on stock tyres and quality tubes via my local bike shop having delivered them just the wheels. Upon refitting the rear wheel there appears to be a problem Houston. When I get anywhere near tight on the rear axle the brake shoe drum fouls the wheel and causes it to bind. I have a workshop manual and nothing seems to be missing that I can see, the wheel bearings spin freely. The suggested rear wheel axle torque is 44lb but I can't put it anywhere near this. I've taken some pics for you guys to peruse. Is there something missing that fits between the brake shoe plate internal boss and the wheel bearing boss?? Has my mate got a wrong wheel replacement (I have asked him what's it off but he on a cruise and no WiFi atm..!!)
The one pic shows the rubbing going on between the brake shoe plate and the wheel metal which obvs can't be right... Any help/advice appreciated,
Cheers All Got me foxed Img_2011
Got me foxed Img_2012
Got me foxed Img_2013
🙏

julio745

Back to top Go down

Got me foxed Empty Re: Got me foxed

Post  JohnW Thu 10 Aug - 20:06

Looks OK and there is not normally a spacer between brake plate and wheel bearing, have you checked to see if there is  a spacer between the bearings in the wheel? If that's OK then suggest you fit a thin washer between brake plate and the bearing, You will have to super glue it to brake plate to keep it in place while fitting the wheel

I have checked and the distance between the brake drum edge and the bearing face is 0.070 inches, by putting a straight edge across the drum and measuring with feeler gauges. The wheel should have the number 22F00 cast into it along with the Yamaha logo. Looks like you may have the wrong wheel

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  julio745 Fri 11 Aug - 11:57

Thanks very much John, appreciated. You may be right re wrong wheel, I've taken a pic of the markings on the one causing the concern... 👍Got me foxed 16917510

julio745

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Fri 11 Aug - 12:06

Can you take a pic of inside of hub to see if there are any markings there? The name on rim may not have any relationship to hub, it could have had a new rim fitted

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  julio745 Fri 11 Aug - 13:12

👍Got me foxed Img_2014
Got me foxed Img_2016
Got me foxed Img_2015

julio745

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Fri 11 Aug - 14:04

Not an original Yamaha part, looks like a pattern part. I think its for an RXS100 not T80. So as long as everything else lines up I suggest you add a washer between the bearing and brake plate to give the 0.070 inch gap. Glue it to the brake plate so it stays in place.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  julio745 Fri 11 Aug - 14:45

Cheers John, gone for the washer option and job done... 🤞😁👍
Safe travels.... 👍

julio745

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down