YAMAHA TOWNMATE T80 FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 237 on Fri 17 Sep - 12:50
Latest topics
» Replacement front shocks for T50 & T80
swingarm bushes EmptyThu 18 Apr - 21:00 by Mark1

» West Country Newbie
swingarm bushes EmptyThu 18 Apr - 20:55 by Mark1

» Swing Arm Bolt Query,,,,, Help !!!!!
swingarm bushes EmptyThu 29 Feb - 11:22 by Cilldara1

» How does a Recruitment CRM improve collaboration among team members involved in the hiring process?
swingarm bushes EmptyWed 6 Dec - 5:08 by samsmith

» Hello from Lancashire
swingarm bushes EmptyFri 20 Oct - 12:19 by fast but dim

» E488RNW in Scotland
swingarm bushes EmptyThu 12 Oct - 17:42 by JohnW

» New 275 x 17 Heidenau tyres
swingarm bushes EmptyTue 19 Sep - 14:04 by JohnW

» T80 in H J Pugh Auction 29th September reg No K358XPH
swingarm bushes EmptyMon 18 Sep - 20:39 by JohnW

» After market front damper warning
swingarm bushes EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:38 by JohnW

swingarm bushes

3 posters

Go down

swingarm bushes Empty swingarm bushes

Post  mark.l Sun 14 Dec - 17:32

Help needed,I am bringing back a Townmate from the dead and I have not taken the swingarm off yet but I want to replace the bushes in the frame where the swinger attaches,I know there are two of them. Does anyone know if both bushes are the same?
A J Sutton only list one?
Thanks in advance,Mark

mark.l

Back to top Go down

swingarm bushes Empty Re: swingarm bushes

Post  JohnW Sun 14 Dec - 22:57

mark.l wrote:Help needed,I am bringing back a Townmate from the dead and I have not taken the swingarm off yet but I want to replace the bushes in the frame where the swinger attaches,I know there are two of them. Does anyone know if both bushes are the same?
A J Sutton only list one?
Thanks in advance,Mark

Yes the same bush, its not clear on A J Sutton web site if they are sold as a pair as in diagram it shows them bracketed with a figure 1. Would asking before you order as at £12.88 ea they are not cheap.
If you know the size (from an old one) you may be able to get them from Robush http://www.robush.co.uk/default.cfm cheaper.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  mark.l Mon 15 Dec - 22:31

Thanks for that info JohnW much appreciated.
I think I will give Robush a try

mark.l

Back to top Go down

Post  mike_k5 Tue 22 Sep - 18:57

Anyone know how to get these bushes out?
My pivot bolt has sheared off it was seized in there solid so I've now got to somehow find a new pivot bolt (discontinued) and remove the sheared one!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

mike_k5

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnW Tue 22 Sep - 21:18

mike_k5 wrote:Anyone know how to get these bushes out?
My pivot bolt has sheared off it was seized in there solid so I've now got to somehow find a new pivot bolt (discontinued) and remove the sheared one!
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

The swinging arm bolt is a standard bolt see this previous thread https://yamahatownmatet80.forumotion.co.uk/t740-replacement-swing-arm-bolt?highlight=Swinging+arm+bolt
As for removing bushes, difficult. The one on my bike is like yours seized so I just leave it until such time as the swinging arm breaks or rusts through.
The only way then is to cut the swinging arm off near the pivots, unscrew the LH side bit off the bolt, cut off the head at the opposite end then with a suitable nut & some spacers try and pull the remains of the bolt out. A few clouts with a hammer whilst under tension may help. If it wont move then heat needs to be applied which in turn will destroy the bushes, & you may then end up with the outer parts of the bushes still stuck in the frame. You would than need to use a steel rod to knock them free.
Not an easy job & one if it goes wrong could end up with a damaged frame as well.
If you do get bushes out OK new ones are available from Suttons
Best of luck

JohnW

Back to top Go down

swingarm bushes Empty Re swingarm bushes

Post  JohnW Sun 4 Dec - 20:22

Sutton's are no longer in business, but the bushes (and other parts) are available from Fowlers of Bristol https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/3GB-22123-00 note buses are sold individually. The size of the bushes is 23mm O/D 12mm I/D and 45mm long (outer) 49mm (inner) These appear to be a non standard size and are not available from Robush and other bush suppliers.  The spacer between the bushes (part No 22F-22155-01) is no longer available from Fowlers, the size of this is 20mm O/D 12mm I/D 36mm long, it can easily be made by someone with a lathe. The spacer often needs to be replaced as well as it rusts to the bolt and has to be drilled out.

JohnW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down